Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Can you tell me if the submission went through?

David_A_2
Beginner

last night I was preparing to upload the files and fill the text boxes.

I delayed with this process due to slow internet connection and filling the missing stuff.

eventually i ended up after midnight GMT.

I clicked submit and it seems the subbmission recieved but I'm not get any massage inform me it did.

please notify me if it went well...

my project is Natural OS (File- Manager).

Thanks!

David Asulin

0 Kudos
19 Replies
Fritz_W_
Beginner

Hello,

We will be notifying all those Developers from whom we've received Demos, today.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Wezley_S_
New Contributor I

When should we expect to recieve the email?

Thanks

0 Kudos
samontab
Valued Contributor II

You should receive it soon. They already started sending them.

0 Kudos
Wezley_S_
New Contributor I

I recieved mine at 3:30pm -6 GMT

That took off about 2% of my stress! :D

Now to wait until mid march to see if I was one of the 150.

Then early May for top prizes.

I'm very excited and can't wait to see who all won! Good luck to my fellow contestants.

0 Kudos
samontab
Valued Contributor II

Now that you have time you should create an app.

0 Kudos
Wezley_S_
New Contributor I

samontab, I'm very happy to have the extra time to develop something new with this camera.

I more than likely will completely polish my realsense entry and make it 100% ready for the market and then start on something new.

I'm thinking more along the lines of full pc control with just eyes :p

0 Kudos
samontab
Valued Contributor II

Then you should take a look at the NUIA eyeCharm. It basically uses a kinect with some sort of add-on to do exactly what you want to do. I guess something similar should be possible with this camera.

0 Kudos
Wezley_S_
New Contributor I

Thanks samontab! I will definately look into that.

I already have an eye tracking algorthm in place and working well (I had to have eye tracking for my demo), so I'm more than likely just going to take that algorthm and polish it more. The great thing about the RealSense SDK is that you don't need the RealSense camera to use eye tracking. I've been able to get eye tracking controls to work through just a normal web camera (Given that it isn't very accurate, but a start up calibration will fix that).

0 Kudos
David_A_2
Beginner

I didnt get any notify saying you recieved the demo
Its mean you didnt get my demo?.

If you indeed didnt get it whould you let me send it again?( please read my message above...).

0 Kudos
samontab
Valued Contributor II

I assume you are using the IR stream, right?, because IR is perfect for eye tracking...

0 Kudos
Wezley_S_
New Contributor I

Samontab,

I'm using the IR Stream when the camera is connected to get head calibration, but am using the landmark data for the user's puples to perform actual eye tracking. This works incredibly well on an HD image. What I'm trying to do independently with the RealSense SDK is to be able to use that landmark data independtly from the IR calibration method to pull eye data. Which so far is working out pretty well. Like I said, I just need to have an initial calibration, but more than likely wont bother since the RealSense cameras are going to be embedded into most of the newer pc's. Since this is the case my "camera only eye tracking" is pointless, and am really just playing with the idea for now.

My eye tracking method with the RealSense camera itself, again uses landmarks for the pupil positions, and then the IR stream to get how far the head is from the camera and calibrate the eye positions accordingly. This method works but better and is nearly spot on.

David: Email the support team, they should get back to you a lot quicker.

0 Kudos
samontab
Valued Contributor II

Just curious about why you are estimating depth with IR when the camera already gives you that.

0 Kudos
Wezley_S_
New Contributor I

The IR stream is the depth stream. All I'm using from that is to get how far away the head is from the camera.

0 Kudos
samontab
Valued Contributor II

Well, they are 2 separate streams... although the depth stream is created from the IR stream...

0 Kudos
Wezley_S_
New Contributor I

Oh, alright. That clears it up. I was seing them as being the same thing since depth is created from the ir stream. I'm only utilizing the depth stream for this then.

0 Kudos
Robert_Oschler
Beginner

As anybody run into problems with face tracking, and I would assume this goes double for eye tracking, with people wearing glasses?  I find that the glare from my LCD monitor obscures my eyes so the face tracking algorithm sometimes fails to detect my face.  If you look into the camera view you can literally see the reflection of the monitor on the surface of the glasses, making it nearly impossible to see the eyes underneath.

0 Kudos
Wezley_S_
New Contributor I

Glasses haven't been an issue with me. I've had several people who wear glasses test my demo without a problem. Just make sure they test in a well lit room.

0 Kudos
hui_shyong_y_
Beginner

if you want to do eye tracking

why don't you use specialized hardware such Tobii EyeX or another similar eye tracker?

it is about 99 usd.

I don't think webcam-based solution will give you good result. (basically realsense is just a webcam + depth sensor)

0 Kudos
samontab
Valued Contributor II

From what I read from the tobii website, it uses IR, which the RealSense already has support for. For the same price I think the RealSense is a much better deal. Also, this camera is going to be embedded in laptops, so it makes more sense to develop for it instead of custom hardware.

0 Kudos