Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Cannot Add/Delete any plugins after latest update

Chris_G_7
Beginner

Hey all,

After updating to the latest version of the Intel XDK (and also updating the Cordova version to 5.4 from 4) I couldn't update or remove any plugins through the tool. For a fix, I removed all plugins by manually removing them from the files. I currently do not see any plugins inside of the XDK, but I still can't add anything. Not sure what is going on... Has anybody seen this? How did you fix it? Also, I am using Crosswalk and was in the previous version. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Chris -- selecting Crosswalk shouldn't have anything to do with the issue. I recommend you completely delete the plugins directory that should be directly inside your project directory. I'm assuming your project is structured so that it includes a "www" directory to contain your application?

Are your plugins specified in the intelxdk.config.additions.xml file? If so, you need to remove those references, but that should not prevent you from adding or deleting via the plugin manager.

It is possible that you are specifying plugin IDs that were only available via the old Cordova registry. The Cordova project changed their plugin registry to use NPM, and many plugin IDs were changed when they were put into that new registry.

Are you able to add plugins that are referenced directly in the tool? For example, the core Cordova plugins and the featured plugins?

Perhaps you are trying to include the retired intel.xdk plugins? Those can be located via this page > https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/intel-xdk-api-cordova-plugin-methods-properties-events <

0 Kudos
Chris_G_7
Beginner

Thanks Paul!

I have deleted all plugins and still can't add any plugins. I've tried to add just basic core plugins like 'device' and it won't work. Also, I didn't have a www directory and added it. I still can't see anything in the emulator. I have chosen the www directory as the 'source directory'. I have my index.html file in the www directory, but still get '404 intel xdk can't find your app, do you have index.html in your source directory'.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Chris -- can you make the "hello, cordova" sample work? If so, I suspect something is wrong with your project and you should start over by creating a blank project and then copy your source files from your problem project into the new project.

0 Kudos