Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Cannot Apply for free products as student in a degree-granting academic institution

Fangfang_G_
Beginner

Dear colleague,

I tried to download Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition for Linux*
Student Product Request

Here is the message I got:
"Thank you for your interest in the Intel® Software Development Tools.
We cannot offer you our software development tools at this time because the email address you shared does not correspond to a degree-granting academic institution. If you are with such an institution, please resubmit your request with your academic institution issued email address."
My phd institution is University of Strasbourg (France).
It is a degree-granting academic institution.

Could you please add @etu.unistra.fr is your list of degree-granting academic institutions?

Thank you very much,

Fangfang Guo, Phd University of Strasbourg (France)

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Alexandra_S_Intel

Hello, Fangfang,

I'll let the people on our end know and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

- Alex

0 Kudos
Fangfang_G_
Beginner

Many thanks Alexandra, if needed we can put you in contact with the computer direction of University of Strasbourg because many of students may be concerned. Kind regards, Fangfang

0 Kudos
Nadège_L_
Beginner

Hello,

Same problem for me. I'm Educator in the same  degree-granting academic institution "University of Strasbourg" and my @unistra.fr or @live-cnrs.unistra.fr email addresses are not recognized by Intel. I hear that @XXX-cnrs.unistra.fr with XXX name of department was recognized.

Message I got. "Thank you for your interest in the Intel® Software Development Tools. We cannot offer you our software development tools at this time because the email address you shared does not correspond to a degree-granting academic institution. If you are with such an institution, please resubmit your request with your academic institution issued email address."

Thanks very much,

Nadège

This message has been edited by an Intel employee to remove a "mailto" link. The relevant part of the email was that the domain was "@ics-cnrs.unistra.fr".

0 Kudos
Alexandra_S_Intel

I apologize for the delay, everyone.

My primary contact on these issues has been unavailable, but I assure you I have not forgotten this issue and will resolve it as soon as possible.

Fangfang, I appreciate the offer; if necessary, I will take you up on that.

0 Kudos
Alexandra_S_Intel

I just wanted to let you all know I haven't forgotten you.

I'm still waiting on a response on my end.

0 Kudos
Alexandra_S_Intel

I have an update for you all.

Apparently there's a problem in the system where it's no longer recognizing previously approved academic domains. We're working on getting this fixed. I'll let you know when it's been corrected.

- Alex

0 Kudos
Alexander_S_
Beginner

Subscribing to this thread for an update.

0 Kudos
Alexandra_S_Intel

We believe this issue has now been fixed. Please let me know if you still have problems.

- Alex

Edit: Since it's been a while and I haven't heard anything on this topic, I'll assume the issue has been resolved and close the ticket. If you have a question, please create a new thread so we can get to you in a timely and efficient fashion.

0 Kudos