Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Cannot Select Launch Icons & Splash Screens Build 3522

Donald_W_1
Beginner

Okay, 

I've put all the icons and splash image files in the package-assets  (in root) directory and it's still keeps giving me the following error message whenever I try to select the images under the Projects Tab when I try to select Splash Screens and Icons:

Icons and splash screens must be located in a directory named ‘package-assets’ in the root of the project folder.

I'm 100% sure the splash screens are located in the correct folder, what's going on?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

The "package-assets" folder goes into the root of your project folder, not the root of your drive. In other words, inside your project folder. See the example below, which shows the top level directories inside a project folder named "hello-cordova":

Screen Shot 2016-09-08 at 11.36.39 AM.png

Notice the "package-assets" folder is located at the same level as the "www" and "plugins" folder. Your project may not have every folder that is shown in this example, which is fine. In this example, I have an android, ios and windows folder, located inside that package-assets folder. This is not necessary, but is just the way I've chosen to organize the images inside the package-assets folder.

0 Kudos
Donald_W_1
Beginner

Hi Paul, thanks for the quick response. 

Yes I meant that the package-assets is in the root of the project folder. And I'm still getting the error: "Icons and splash screens must be located in a directory named ‘package-assets’ in the root of the project folder." Here's a screenshot:   

Screen Shot 2016-09-08 at 12.47.47 PM.png

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

That's very odd. Do you see the sub-folders when you attempt to add an icon or splash screen, or are you immediately sent to the error message dialog?

0 Kudos
Donald_W_1
Beginner

Hey Paul, 

So I can click through the sub-folders inside package assets.  I can also select different sizes than the required one.  For example if I select a 48x48 image, for a 36x36 icon block I actually get a the "size error" of: 

The dimensions of the image you selected (48x48) must match the required dimensions (36x36) exactly

Okay, no prob, so I make sure I pick the right image size and I get the error:

Icons and splash screens must be located in a directory named ‘package-assets’ in the root of the project folder.

Yes, I'm finding it really odd too.  Not too sure what I can do about it.  I've restarted my mac, shut it down turned it back on... not sure whats going on.  

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Donald -- I would confirm that the images are really PNG images and that the names actually match their sizes. I've seen situations where people simply renamed JPG files to PNG expecting that to work.

0 Kudos
Donald_W_1
Beginner

Hey Paul. 

Yes the .png images are .png images. 

I started a new blank cordova + html5 project and the images work on the new blank project. 

I may have to just copy my www folder over to the blank project --- I prefer not to have to do that though if there's a better way.

It worried it would really mess up my git history if I copied all my files to the new folder. 

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Git uses relative paths, so you should be able to move your .git folder over to the new project and things should work fine. Not sure what's going on that would cause this. Are you "@Doddo" on Twitter? He was complaining of the same issue. Could you ZIP the entire project folder and send it to me via private message so I can take a look? I'll send you a private message.

0 Kudos