Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Cannot start Intel XDK in ubuntu 12.04

Arjun_k_1
Beginner

I installed Intel XDK in ubuntu 12.04 (32 bit). But i cannot start the XDK by clicking the Icon.. The s/w is not starting

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Carlos_L_1
Beginner

Hi,

I had the same problem with Intel XDK Iot , the first time you install it ran great. But , when you restart my Ubuntu 14.04 , I could not restart the Intel XDK IoT , what I did was uninstall the Intel XDK Iot and remove all folders XDK (The process of installation and uninstall did with "sudo " ) . But now unzipped package intel XDK iot from the file manager without using the terminal and run ./install.sh (without " sudo" ), and now restart my computer and is executable and the XDK IoT and everything works great.

I hope that helps .

Happy coding .

Cheers.! :)

Carlos Linares.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
45 Replies
Ajith_R_
Novice

Hi,

I downloaded & installed the Intel XDK software Linux(32-bit) in my system(Ubuntu 14.04). I cannot get to the login page after I open Intel XDK. There is a loading wheel that just spins forever until an error message comes up with the error "Attempt to contact authentication server is taking a long time. You can wait, or check your network connection and try again.". I have checked my network connection & it is working fine.

Intel XDK : version 2727

I have tried reinstalling (as user) and Unselected "Launch Intel(R) XDK" option.  After installation I have tried to open XDK  via the Icon, script etc. But nothing seems to solve this issue. I've reported this issue to the Intel Customer Support ,they replied via mail with a ticket case number,  and asked to put a post here.

I am attaching  a screenshot  of my issue.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee
0 Kudos
Ahmed_F_
Beginner

I think what causes the issue is when you uninstall an older version (was installed as user) and install a new one (installed as sudo) the .config XDK and XDK-Wrapper are not re-created and they have the wrong permissions.

What fixes the issue for me is:

1. Install the XDK

sudo path-to-installer/install.sh

2. Remove the XDK from home .config directory

sudo rm -rf ~/.config/XDK/
sudo rm -rf ~/.config/XDK-Wrapper/

3. launch xdk (new XDK and XDK-Wrapper will be automatically created)

sudo /opt/intel/XDK/xdk.sh

0 Kudos
Carlos_L_1
Beginner

Hi,

I had the same problem with Intel XDK Iot , the first time you install it ran great. But , when you restart my Ubuntu 14.04 , I could not restart the Intel XDK IoT , what I did was uninstall the Intel XDK Iot and remove all folders XDK (The process of installation and uninstall did with "sudo " ) . But now unzipped package intel XDK iot from the file manager without using the terminal and run ./install.sh (without " sudo" ), and now restart my computer and is executable and the XDK IoT and everything works great.

I hope that helps .

Happy coding .

Cheers.! :)

Carlos Linares.

0 Kudos