Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Cannot uninstall HAXM 1.1.1 to upgrade to 6.0.1

Jacques_H_
Beginner

Hi All, 

I Have a Windows 10 machine with HAXM 1.1.1 running. I want to upgrade it to 6.0.1 but it wants some msi package which I do not have to uninstall v 1.1.1. I don't know what to do, I downloaded an old installer package 1.1.1 and point to hax64.msi when it wants to uninstall but it says its an invalid package.

Stuck here as I cannot uninstall or upgrade to a new HAX version.

If anybody knows what to do, please tell me as I'm stuck and it sucks.

Regards

Jacques

0 Kudos
2 Replies
T_T_
Beginner
I have the same problem here on Windows 8.1 - can't uninstall HAXM v 1.1.1 neither from the control panel or silent_install.bat in \sdk\extras\intel\Hardware_Accelerated_Execution_Manager

I noticed the following thread, possibly related, 

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/android-applications-on-intel-architecture/topic/537144

I decided to remove all references I could find in the registry related to v 1.1.1, I think I found four places, maybe two of which were mentioned in the install.bat.  I rebooted and still got "Error 1714. The older version of Intel® Hardware Accelerated Execution Manager cannot be removed. Contact your technical support group. System Error 1612. " in the silent run log.

haxm-windows_r05.zip is not available at the above link, but thankfully someone has hosted it if you search for it.

0 Kudos
Jacques_H_
Beginner

Ok, for everybody struggling with the issue where you are unable to uninstall HAXM v1.1.1 or upgrade to a higher version because of the missing installer file, this is what I did to fix it:

- opened the registry editor, did a search for "Hardware Accelerated Execution Manager"

- found this installed product: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\5F13BCCED53473F49AD885453D6C7281

- removed the entire registry entry 5F13BCCED53473F49AD885453D6C7281 and all of its subkeys (backed it up first, should anything break)

- rebooted my computer

- Succesfully installed the latest version downloaded from the Intel website.

This may not be the most elegant solution, but it works now :) 

Regards, 

Jacques Herweijer

0 Kudos