Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Cannot upgrade firmware

Matt_E_1
Beginner

Like many others I have run into the problem of trying to upgrade the firmware on my F200.  When going to DCM v1.3, I get the error about how the firmware may be corrupted with error -4.

So I've started poking around the logs to see what's going on.  I've found (I think) where the firmware processing is being started and where (I think) the error(s) start. 

Below are the logs specifically from the firmware updater.  It looks to me like the system is trying to stop the "DCMService" on the camera (?) and that's what's failing.   Whenever it gets to the update firmware step I notice the device gets disconnected from Windows, the updater fails, and then the device gets reconnected back to Windows.  Any assistance on this would be appreciated or if there is no fix, then just tell me where I can get a replacement.  I've had this device now for four days.

<blockquote>

2015-7-9 7:31:20:285 UpdateFW.cpp  bool __thiscall CUpdateFW::inStopDCMService(const wchar_t *)_ enter inStopDCMService()
2015-7-9 7:31:20:285 bool __thiscall CUpdateFW::inStopDCMService(const wchar_t *) Completed
2015-7-9 7:31:20:285 UpdateFW.cpp  int __thiscall CUpdateFW::inDoUpdateFW(struct Ivcam::OEMInfo,bool)6432 inStopDCMService() failed
2015-7-9 7:31:20:285 int __thiscall CUpdateFW::InitCamera(void) Entered
2015-7-9 7:31:20:347 void __thiscall CUpdateFW::SaveDefaultVendorControlSet(void) Entered
2015-7-9 7:31:20:347 void __thiscall CUpdateFW::SaveDefaultVendorControlSet(void) Completed
2015-7-9 7:31:20:347 int __thiscall CUpdateFW::InitCamera(void) Completed
2015-7-9 7:31:20:347 UpdateFW.cpp  int __thiscall CUpdateFW::inDoUpdateFW(struct Ivcam::OEMInfo,bool) oemId 0:
2015-7-9 7:31:21:363 UpdateFW.cpp  int __thiscall CUpdateFW::inDoUpdateFW(struct Ivcam::OEMInfo,bool)R CIVCAM_DLL::UpdateFirmware() failed, error code: 2000
2015-7-9 7:31:21:363 MessageDisplay.cpp  void __cdecl MessageDisplay::PrintRetError(const int,const Ivcam::TIVCAM_STATUS) General Camera Failure
2015-7-9 7:31:21:363 MessageDisplay.cpp  void __cdecl MessageDisplay::PrintRetError(const int,const Ivcam::TIVCAM_STATUS)e 
2015-7-9 7:31:21:363 MessageDisplay.cpp  void __cdecl printIvcamStatus(const Ivcam::TIVCAM_STATUS)xists(void) IV Camera status: Firmware updated failed
Failed!

</blockquote>

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

Is DCM 1.2 running ok for you? 1.3 is currently an optional upgrade and you will not notice much difference with the development cameras between the 2.....

0 Kudos
Matt_E_1
Beginner

There are some issues that I have been seeing.  Plus I would like to actually be able to upgrade it anyway.  I always believe in running the latest firmware as it was made for a reason :)

0 Kudos
Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

To pursue further, please send me your fwupdate and ivcam_dll logs?
You could also try stopping the DCM service before you try the update just to rule out that side path causing an issue.

0 Kudos
Anthony_A_
Beginner

Same problem here, though the 1.2 DCM does not even recognize that a camera is present preventing anything from being installed. I've sent you a private message, Colleen. My device has a 03/2015 production date. 

0 Kudos
Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

Can you send the model number(s) off the camera? It seems a fairly late production date for our dev kit camera.

0 Kudos
Matt_E_1
Beginner

Hi Colleen,

I've attached the requested log files to this post. 

I tried it again after stopping the DCM Service in Windows.  No joy.  Still errors out almost immediately. 

The model number says it's a "VF0800" Not sure if that's a 0 (zero) or a letter D (delta) after VF.  My device is also a production date of 03/2015

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Matt_E_1
Beginner

Hi Colleen,

Just wanted to check in and see if there was anything you might have discovered in the logs or any recommendations you may have?  I have tried upgrading to DCM 1.4 and still cannot do that either.

Thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos
Norm_S_
Beginner

I have the same problem.  Also, when I tried installing the firmware provided on the creative support page, I received a "Camera status is in recovery mode" and the update failed."

Any suggestion how to resolve this problem?

0 Kudos
Matt_E_1
Beginner

Two months later and still no reply, update, or resolution.  Sad.

0 Kudos