17061 Discussions

Cell Computer Project

mihail_m
Beginner
Hello everyone,

I would like to show my project:

Cell Computer Project

http://genetechnics.webs.com/

I have been working on it for a year and a half - there is a thread on the Cellular & Handheld Application Development forum that is read-only since this month and I would like to discuss the ideas of the project on this forum.

Best regards,

Michael Molin

GeneTechnics Company
0 Kudos
280 Replies
mihail_m
Beginner

Hi everyone,

This post is aboutthedesign of a Cell PC. If you have checked my RSS feeds list posted ealier there are two links to the reviews from PhoneDog by Noah Kravitz and his personal blog where you can also findthereviews of the MIDs shownat IDF 2008 Fall.

In this post I would like to talk about the recent Noah's review witha comparison of three devices: Apple iPhone, HTC Touch Diamond and Samsung Omnia (Part1, Part2, Part3).

My first comment is about Samsung Omnia - thesamewidescreendisplay as of a Cell PC's main display- 3.2". Omnia's display has 240x400 resolution and it would be better if it has WVGA resolution (480x800) - the same resolution as for the future Sony Ericsson Experia X1 and at the same level as of HTC Touch Diamond's VGA display (480x640)-in orderto compete with iPhone's display (320x480).

Omnia has similar width (57mm) but its height isclose to iPhone's.TheCell PC has a clamshell form factor (53x103mm -the same asof Motorola RAZR2) withthe control panel locatedon the inside and the main display with a swivel mechanismandSamsung Omnia'sappearance is the closest to the one of the Cell PC working in the tablet mode. What about the style - it's like of HTC Touch Diamond - more strict lines.

The design ofCell PC'scontrol panel - the central ring with an optical mouseand F1-F8functional keys-is like of HTC Touch Diamond (central ring)and Samsung Omnia. The positioning of a cursor of the Cell PC's main displayworks exactly as for Samsung Omnia's display.

The second display of the Cell PChas the same dimensions and design like Nokia N95 8Gb display. What about camera - for the most purposes, 3.2 megapixelonewith autofocus as of HTC Touch Diamond is a good choice for everyone and an optimal solutionfor thinner design.

And the most important thing - the platform that is succeeding iPhone's and having Intel's codename - Moorestown. So while it has not been released and because the Cell PC is not Intel-related stuff yet, I'm inviting youto discuss the development of a Cell PC in my new Yahoo group - genetechnics.

Michael

0 Kudos
mihail_m
Beginner

Is it me or advertisers don't wanttouse a personal advertising screen for everyone? Is it capitalism? While Apple and Microsoft are offering just fun - is there anyone who is thinking about business applications for working on the go?

Michael

0 Kudos
mihail_m
Beginner

Broadscale Windows Live Wave 3 beta begins by Mary Jo Foley

Why not to startwithMicrosoft WindowsLive suite development for a dual display configuration. Without that uncomfortable zoomingoftheWeb content(it is good only for graphics editors and maps not forreading information in sectionsof multicolumn, newspaper-likeInternet sites), two overlapping keyboards(separated for letters and numberswith symbols)and distracting slide-out and pop-up menus. I'm really not liking this kind of animation except the case of scrolling the lists - program menus or standard key combinations have to be alwaysavailable for a user toform a consistent UI - in addition, using the second touchscreen is evenenhancing experience for desktop programs allowing to have a Live Previewlike in Microsoft Office 2007 Fluent UI without overlapping ofa selected objectand Galleries.

Michael

0 Kudos
mihail_m
Beginner

Microsoft continues its push to change the rules of the online-advertising game by Mary Jo Foley

"Typically, between 93-95% of audience engagements with online advertising receive no credit at all when advertisers review campaign ROI."

My solution to Microsoft - personal advertising screen.

Michael

-
The devil is in details.
0 Kudos
mihail_m
Beginner

Hi everyone,

Kind of bizarre thing that MacWorld will be the last one this year. Right? News flash from BW:

T-Mobile G2 In the Works? by Olga Kharif

Happy New Year!

Best wishes,

Michael
-
In the meantime, enjoy - http://www.hbr1.com/playlist/ambient.pls

0 Kudos
mihail_m
Beginner
Is Mobile Really Global by Mike Rowehl

What do you think?

Michael

-
The concept of the Cell PC is based on a dual touch-sensitive display solution as a standard hardware platform for the development of the Mobile Internet.

0 Kudos
mihail_m
Beginner
Look at the history of aviation - first there were the simple balloons (iPhone) and then the planes like Boeing (Cell PC). An aircraft has to have two wings to balance its weight flying towards a point of destination against the air flow - why is the "information flow" different? A mobile device needs a navigational display for this and the main display as a document window of a software application. A mobile user is like a pilot - both are in need of an ergonomic interface with two kinds of displays - a real or simulated view of the current situation in all important details - as the aircraft's attitude indicated by an artificial horizon - and all available functionality to control the flight simultaneously. And imagine the business opportunities provided by a context-aware personal advertising screen with an immediate access to both private and direct marketing information with two displays. Like in a Steven Spielberg's Minority Report - a real interaction.

Michael
0 Kudos
mihail_m
Beginner
The secret of the Cell PC is in the geometry of space. It is not "just a clamshell form factor" with a swivel mechanism. Due to the second "intrinsic" display rotated by 180 degrees to the main display in a "folded" state of the device when it's unfolded this works like in the process of cuttinga Mobius strip - the topology of information flow - by its central line where you'll get two linked rings. No tricks - just the multiple folded dimensions (more than 3D) of our reality. So, we're takingcontrol of it. It's the discovery of new world.

Michael

-
The development strategy for the Cell PC connected user interfaces.
0 Kudos
mihail_m
Beginner
About the book - Autonomous Artificial Intelligence, Zhdanov A.A., 2008

(in Russian)

, - , .

- , , , .. , - - , - GeneTechnics - , , . - Translation Matrix. - - . , - . , ( ) , , , - , , 2004. , , , , , , , - , , , . , - , , . , , - , . , .. . - - , - - ** , , . - , . , . , , , . - Translation Matrix - , . , .. - - .

-
The Matrix - Neural Interactive Simulation.

0 Kudos
mihail_m
Beginner
Hi everyone,

I have added a new image to the project - Keyboard Operations section:

The Cell PC also supports the Classic QWERTY Keyboard for one-hand typing in a landsape mode when you're holding the device in the other hand. This mode is intended for more comfort conditions and allows to work with the device from the start while you're mastering the compact version of the keyboard for on-the-go operations.

Best regards,

Michael
0 Kudos
mihail_m
Beginner

Stimulus Plan Receives Final Approval in Congressby David Herszenhorn

Personal advertising screen. That's the boost for the economy.

Michael

0 Kudos
mihail_m
Beginner

Now it's the start of Intel's Moorestown platform implementation:

LG first to tap Intel's 'Moorestown' chip for smartphone by Brooke Crothers

Michael

0 Kudos
mihail_m
Beginner

For Origin-of-Life Foundation:

I guess that the general mechanism of physico-chemical reactions between substances of any kind is illustrated by cutting *a Mobius strip as a quantum unit of information* meaning a stable "existing" state (a genetic code as an example) - using the right direction when the energy is applied (i.e. according to its central line) gives a "connection" consisting of two stable *replicated* rings. And the most interesting that a half-Mobius strip (turned by 180 degrees) being double cut gives a secure *double* connection.

The resulting stable metric space or dimension means "life" as following to the most "simple" original genetic or biological information *of the highest level* and then the similar way for more hidden, twisted and assembled levels - the chemical and physical layers of "our reality".

Otherwise, the original substances turn into other unstable substances and some energy or field and the process is repeated by using this energy but for the other entities of unstable substances.

Michael

-

Maybe this world is a broken mirror. - Everyday Life, Robert Miles, 23 AM

0 Kudos
mihail_m
Beginner

And more about the origins of life:

Four dimensions of our world

(1 height - 2 width = ideal symmetry/abstract world/virtuality where you can fly or go through the walls (e.g. Neo, Terminator, Batman, etc.)/the *unreal* dreams in which you understand that *there is no time* /(dark) matter/shadow/(binary) information) - (3 time/reality of things/physical existence/depth/(dark) energy/mass/substance - 4 life/light/conscience that reflects the reality) = 1/2 || 3/4 = air-water-earth-fire as the elements of Nature. It's "2D+time+life" world.

Michael

-

Really, you know that DNA has a *double* symmetric structure and works as a *mobile communications platform* by replicating RNA to assemble a protein. 1/2 || 3/4. A cell computer.

0 Kudos
mihail_m
Beginner

Hi everyone,

Further, the next level. A new definition of a cell computer:

Cell computer is a mobile communications platform that provides the full PC functionality using the combination of two intrinsic touch-screen UIs and the capabilities of additional networked processors and displays.

Mark my words in this thread when iPhone was launched - iPhone is a transition to a cell computer. It's just like the two stages of the evolutionary development of a cell:

prokaryote - an organism having cells in each of which the genetic material is in a single filament of DNA, not enclosed in a nucleus.

eukaryote - an organism having cells each with a distinct nucleus in which the genetic material is carried on chromosomes.

chromosome - any of the microscopic rod-shaped structures that appear in a cell nucleus during cell division, consisting of nucleoprotein arranged into units (genes) that are responsible for the transmission of hereditary characteristics.

The evolution of life.

More comfortable life due to the Cell PC's *compactness and ergonomic design* as a cell phone, first of all - that means our today's *reality* where the most cell phone users *anyway* want to use a phone with a more compact design than of an iPhone, and then due to its functionality providing the full-fledged document window and keyboard in terms of mobilized software development.

Some people might say that iPhone has a perfectly arranged UI design - but in the most cases "you can't have a cake and eat it" - you need a fully fledged document window and separate toolbars, menus and keyboard. The *distinct nucleus* is the second display that gives a user the control over the information presented on the main display. That's a real thing.

Best regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
mihail_m
Beginner

Make money.

Michael

0 Kudos
mihail_m
Beginner

This message is for Steve Ballmer:

Dear Mr. Ballmer,

I would like to offer my project for your consideration - The Cell PC - http://geocities.com/genetechnics. My vision for its future is to be implemented as "Microsoft Cell Computer" - Microsoft's Cell.

Sincerely,

Michael Molin,

GeneTechnics,
Surgut, Russia

0 Kudos
mihail_m
Beginner
0 Kudos
mihail_m
Beginner
Dear Forum's Administrator,

Please delete the above two messages dated 16.03.2009 10:12, 10:13 and this message. Thank you. I'm closing this thread until my project is needed for implementation with the following name - Microsoft Cell platform - to be successful in the competition with the other platforms and for the most mobile users' sake.

Sincerely,

Michael Molin
GeneTechnics

0 Kudos
Quoc-Thai_L_Intel
Quoting - mihail_m
Dear Forum's Administrator,

Please delete the above two messages dated 16.03.2009 10:12, 10:13 and this message. Thank you. I'm closing this thread until my project is needed for implementation with the following name - Microsoft Cell platform - to be successful in the competition with the other platforms and for the most mobile users' sake.

Sincerely,

Michael Molin
GeneTechnics

Per your request, both posts were removed. -Cheers, Thai
0 Kudos
mihail_m
Beginner
Per your request, both posts were removed. -Cheers, Thai

Thanks. Take care,
Michael

-
Microsoft Cell is a notebook computer on your palm.

0 Kudos