Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Certificate problems

Alex_Hang
New Contributor II

Hello!

After the last update, every time I try to Build an Android app, it says "one or more critical errors found" and requests a Developer Certificate. I created a Keystore ans selected it, but every time I try to build the app, it says "Only legacy certificates found", and the build still doesn't works.

Please, can you help me to solve this problem?

Thank You !

Alex Hang

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

We have lock mechanism on your certificate now to keep your certificate secure. So, every time you build you have to unlock your certificate with your passcode. There are two options to unlock 1) unlock for one build 2) unlock for next 48 hours (this gets reset if you restart the Intel XDK. "one or more critical errors found" is due to the lock on the certificate or if you missed some required fields in the build settings on the Projects tab.

As for the legacy certificate, previously Intel XDK generated a default certificate for you. Now you have to convert this "legacy" certificate into the new certificate schema. It's just a one click away. All you have to do is go to the Account Settings and click on the thick arrow (convert) to convert the cert. Please see details here : https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/intel-xdk-certificate-management#android-convert-legacy-xdk-cert

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
19 Replies
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

We have lock mechanism on your certificate now to keep your certificate secure. So, every time you build you have to unlock your certificate with your passcode. There are two options to unlock 1) unlock for one build 2) unlock for next 48 hours (this gets reset if you restart the Intel XDK. "one or more critical errors found" is due to the lock on the certificate or if you missed some required fields in the build settings on the Projects tab.

As for the legacy certificate, previously Intel XDK generated a default certificate for you. Now you have to convert this "legacy" certificate into the new certificate schema. It's just a one click away. All you have to do is go to the Account Settings and click on the thick arrow (convert) to convert the cert. Please see details here : https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/intel-xdk-certificate-management#android-convert-legacy-xdk-cert

0 Kudos
satya_k_
Beginner

Hi Swati,

I am facing same issue,  the certificate is unlocked showing in greeen at settings and black lock button,   still when click on Start Builds it is showing "   You have critical issues with your build settings or have not unlocked your developer certificates. You will be required to resolve those issues first."

Please help.... 

0 Kudos
satya_k_
Beginner

attached error screenshots.

0 Kudos
Alex_Hang
New Contributor II

Hello satya k !

As far as I can see, the Android Build was complete successfully. As far as I can tell you about the Windows Phone build, I think that you need to enter your Windows Publisher ID, Windows Phone Publisher ID and Publisher Display name ( In the Project Tab>Build Settings>Windows ), these are the errors that I also faced.

I hope that this post is useful

Alex Hang

0 Kudos
satya_k_
Beginner

Thanks Alex,  that was old build complete message,  I am re-building my app due to some changes.  while re-building this error..

Am re-building the same Android application only....  

0 Kudos
satya_k_
Beginner

Thanks Alex,,  you are right...   I should not select the windows buld.... issue got resolved.   Thanks again..

0 Kudos
USER_U_
Beginner

I also have the error.

My certificate is unlock, my settings it's ok but.. error...

help me.

0 Kudos
Alex_Hang
New Contributor II
User U, can you send a screenshot of your problem so that we can all see the error?
0 Kudos
USER_U_
Beginner

Alex Hang wrote:

User U, can you send a screenshot of your problem so that we can all see the error?

I need build the app... I hate the new update.

• UPDATE: Already I made an application with the same code, with other folders. And the build it's okay.

0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

@USER U, please describe your error. Are you not able to build because of the critical error in the build tab? YOur attachment did not come through, please attach the sceenshot of your error. Also, send the .xdk file of your project through private message or attach it here.

0 Kudos
Abhigyan_G_
Beginner

Hi

I am able to generate Android apk and Windows but not able to generate IPA  for iOS. Please help me for this .Is that any license required from Apple ??? Because am not getting the option  like certificate Identifiers and Profiles to add certificate and upload .csr file  on developer.apple.com .

I just want to generate IPA and install in my mobile only.

One  more thing in tutorials I saw there are many build options in intel XDK like windows 10, windows 8 many thing ,but in my IDE (intel XDK) there are only three options Android,iOS and windows 10UPA.

0 Kudos
Alex_Hang
New Contributor II

Hi Abhigyan, I don't know what to say about the thing that you don't have all the build options, do you have the latest XDk version?

About Iphone Build: As far as I know you need a developer certificate from Apple, but you can do something else if you want to install the app on you Iphone:

Step 1: Upload your project to GItHub

Step 2: Use Phonegap Build ( here is the link: https://build.phonegap.com/) select a free plan, and get the app files from your GitHub repo.

Step 3: Download the package you recieved from PhoneGap, and build your app using Cordova CLI  https://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/latest/guide/cli/

Hope this post helps you

Alex Hang

0 Kudos
Abhigyan_G_
Beginner

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your kind support .

I use ubuntu OS and create my project in intel XDK ,can i use same project to build in phonegap and cordova CLI?? and if I want to build in intel XDK then certificate with apple is mandatory rit? and where I can get certificate Identifiers and Profiles  options ?Because after login in developer.apple.com am not getting any options for certificate .

Actually am new in it that's why asking many questions .

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Alex_Hang
New Contributor II
As far as I can see from your screenshot you are using an old version of Intel XDK. The new version allows you to create a package for Cordova CLI. If you want to use PhoneGap Build using the current project files, the answer is YES, you can. Just Upload all the files from your project folder to GitHub, and follow the steps from my last post. We all need to get used to this procedure, because since June, the cloud build will be retired. P.S: I also have only Andoid, IOS, and Windows 10 Build options, probably the tutorial you saw was about an older version.
0 Kudos
Abhinay_M_
Beginner

Hi Alex,

I am working on cordova using IntelXDK. I have JSON data and i need to get  particular data to show on autocomplete text view using javascript.

Am facing some problem in autocomplete text view ,not able to call REST API in that.I don't know how to use keyword search  in that

MY API -  https://cordova.eu-gb.mybluemix.net/CRM.jsp

Please help me for that . How too call rest api in autocomplete text view and set the data on particular field .

0 Kudos
Abhigyan_G_
Beginner

Hi Alex ,

I need one more help from you.

javascript/////////////
$(function() {

var RETAIL_CRM = [];
var dmJSON = "https://cordova.eu-gb.mybluemix.net/CRM.jsp";
$.getJSON( dmJSON, function(data) {
   $.each(data.RETAIL_CRM, function(i, f) {
         var tblRow = "<tr>" + "<td>"  + f.S_NO +  "</td>"   + "<td  style='float:right'><a href=Details.html>" + f.NAME + "</td></a>" + "<td>" + f.STATUS + "</td>" + "</tr>"
           $(tblRow).appendTo("#list");

//<a id="a2" href="Details.html" >Day Wise Bill</a>

//<a href="Details.html">f.NAME</a>

});
});
});

///home.html////////////////

<div id='list'>

//// here am printing json vale SR_NO NAME and Status//

</div>

///here am using herf tag on MAME filed to go to Details.html.

Now i just want to pass the name value in next page (Details.html)

/// <input type="text" id="crm_name">

///Details.html

<table>
 <tbody>
            <tr>
                <td>
                    <b>SNO</b>
                    <br>
                </td>
                <td>
                    <input type="number" maxlength="5" id="crm_serialnumber" readonly>
                    <br>
                </td>
            </tr>

<tr>
                <td>
                    <b>Name</b>
                    <br>
                </td>
                <td>
                    <input type="text" id="crm_name" align="right">
                    <br>
                </td>
            </tr>

<tr>
                <td>
                    <b>Status</b>
                    <br>
                </td>
                <td>
                    <input  type="text" id="crm_status">
                    <br>
                </td>
            </tr>

</tr>

</table>

0 Kudos
Alex_Hang
New Contributor II

Hi Abhigyan, I need to look a bit closer at that API to help you, I will come with an answer in the next days, but I can respond you now to the second question.

I understand that you want to pass a value to another page, if this is not what you asked please excuse me. If you want to pass a value to another page, or even other session of the app you can use the COOKIES or Local storage.

example: 

var x=5;

localstorage.example=x; //now I stored the variable in the phone local storage

window.alert(localstorage.example);//now I alert the value of the stored variable.
//If I run this code now, and then delete the first two lines of code, and run it again, I will still recieve the same answer: 5

Hope this is what you asked, this is how you can pass a variable from a page to another, or from a session to another

0 Kudos
Abhigyan_G_
Beginner

Thnx Alex for your valuable time.

What am doing is ..(you can check previous attached img1) (home.html ) Suppose I click on K.M.P Medicals then it should goes to next page (Details.html)

(attached img2) and print the same SNO, Name ,and Status on this page.

0 Kudos
Abhigyan_G_
Beginner

Hey Alex..

0 Kudos