Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Change android theme in manifest

Fab_V_
New Contributor I

I am facing a big problem.

I have tried all methods to change the default ugly black android theme defined in manifest to the device default theme
without success.

I tried :

• create a custom plugin but config-file can only append xml not replace.
    when i append another application xml element, it is obviously not accepted while upload on google play
  • i tried to use hooks but i think hooks are not activated on intel build system .. why ?

I've searched on the internet for solution but with no success.

The 1 million dollars question :

HOW TO CHANGE THE ANDROID UGLY BLACK DEFAULT THEME DEFINED IN MANIFEST IN AN ANDROID CROSSWALK APP ?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Elroy_A_Intel
Employee

What UI framework are you using? Can you provide a screenshot showcasing this?

0 Kudos
Fab_V_
New Contributor I

it is not the theme used in app framework.

it is the android native theme defined in manifest.xml and generated by the build system.

android:theme="@android:style/Theme.Black.NoTitleBar"

Please, see the screenshot of an example alert shown by the app.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Fab -- we do not support hooks (at this time) because they are a security threat for the build system and for your accounts and data. A hooks script can include any code, there are no restrictions. That means that a nefarious developer can use them to take over the build servers and potentially gain access to your application assets and account information. That restriction is there to protect your account and private information.

We are working on a build system solution that would allow for hooks scripts, until that build system is available we must restrict their use.

Unfortunately, there is no way to use a plugin to easily modify that aspect of the XDK build system, due to the reason you outline, because it can only append, not replace.

0 Kudos