Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Code Sign Error When Building

Ronnie_G_
Beginner

Greetings

I'm trying to compile the sample template provided for the in-app purchase. I've removed all other plugins and get a compile error. The build log is here: http://pastebin.com/wT1Tfx8Y it is also attached to this post

It mentions a code sign error at the bottom. CodeSign error: code signing is required for product type 'Application' in SDK 'iOS 8.0'

Things I've tried

-I've checked that the certificates are current - the app ID matches what is in the apple developer account.

-I have the ad-hoc provisioning profile .mobileprovision in the WWW folder and included in the "ad-hoc" build settings

-I've tried downgrading to CLI 4.1.2 as as the build options permit.

This is using intel XDK version 2893

Any suggestions? Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

This looks like some mismatch in your certificate and provisioning profile. If you have multiple certificates/provisioning profiles, make sure you are using the same certificate to create your provisioning profile as you used to generate your P12. Also, use use distribution certificate and create provisioning profile for distribution and select adhoc or App store depending on your purpose and based on that select appropriate option in the build setting adhoc/production.

Most likely if you are doing everything right as described above it should fix your issue, if not, try removing XDK cache and some local folders, it seemed to have helped some users. Details on that https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/blog/remove-xdk-local-data.

Let me know if none of the above works for you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

This looks like some mismatch in your certificate and provisioning profile. If you have multiple certificates/provisioning profiles, make sure you are using the same certificate to create your provisioning profile as you used to generate your P12. Also, use use distribution certificate and create provisioning profile for distribution and select adhoc or App store depending on your purpose and based on that select appropriate option in the build setting adhoc/production.

Most likely if you are doing everything right as described above it should fix your issue, if not, try removing XDK cache and some local folders, it seemed to have helped some users. Details on that https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/blog/remove-xdk-local-data.

Let me know if none of the above works for you.

0 Kudos
Ronnie_G_
Beginner

Deleted all certificates and started over from scratch and tried to do as you said.

The error does not appear now, but strangely enough the app still will not build. All I see in the log is error code 0, but I read elsewhere that it is meaningless because it's in even successful build logs. Is this so?

The build log is attached. Part of the build page said "The build failed. An error occurred while building the application. Verify your build assets" and "Error: A build error occurred. Check the build log."

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Have you tried removing ALL plugins and building to verify it is not one of the plugins causing your app to fail to build?

0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

Can you PM your project zip? 

0 Kudos
Ronnie_G_
Beginner

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies! After a good bit of effort, I started from scratch with a new project and resolved the issue - it was indeed something wrong with the code sign naming as "SWATI S." had said.

Thanks

0 Kudos