Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Compile Splash Screen

Alexander_F_
Beginner

When I build my app for IOS at the moment that the app start show a Splash Screen with the phonegap robot and then my own Splash Screen, see video... in advance let me tell you that all the icons and screens are assigned in Project Settings and all of them show the content correctly in finder, I tested this activating on deactivating Splash Screen Plugin.

Thank You

0 Kudos
29 Replies
John_H_Intel2
Employee

This is the same issue as your other thread. Please dont start multiple for the same issue :)

0 Kudos
Alexander_F_
Beginner

The problem is that I need a solution ASAP because I had to complete this project two weeks ago, sorry bur I did that to see if other developers can help me.

0 Kudos
Alexander_F_
Beginner

I think that you have to press special attention to this bug, because I created a new project

without SplashScreen Plugin and no icons and screens assigned in Settings and when I

open my app on my Iphone 6+ is the same first open a F… Cordova Screen and then open

my app, be advised that this issue do not happens on Android Devices.

0 Kudos
Alexander_F_
Beginner

Please can you help me with this today... is my last day with this project and the only issue is this splash screen, the rest is OK, I don't think so that by this issue I have to take another tool to build my app, I know that you are busy, but is more than a week with this issue and without a solution.

Thank You.

0 Kudos
Alexander_F_
Beginner

Hey I found this article

Ensure your iPhone 6 & iPhone 6+ splashscreen images are named Default-667h@2x~iphone.png and Default-736h@3x~iphone.png, respectively. Then, in Xcode, drag both image files into Resources/splash under your project target in the Project Navigator (pane on the left-hand side of the screen, by default).

Then saw that you do not add ~iphone to this images when you create the splash screen for Iphone 6 and Iphone 6+

Please see file attached

0 Kudos
Alexander_F_
Beginner

Any progress fixing this problem in the not far future.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

The issue regarding the iPhone 6+ requires an update to the Cordova build system, which is in progress but will take some time to implement. It won't take until the end of the year, but it will take more than a few weeks. That's all I can say regarding when it will appear.

0 Kudos
Alexander_F_
Beginner

Okay, thank you Paul

0 Kudos
Jeff_S_
Beginner

Paul, can you advise on progress and an expected release date for the fix? My team is also caught with the issue and we are at the moment being forced to switch frameworks to solve the problem. This has created a major dilemma for us.

0 Kudos
David_B_22
Beginner

I had a similar issue and found that the XDK IDE doesn't support all the splash screen resolutions.

If you edit intelxdk.config.ios.xml so it looks like this it might help:

<splash platform="ios" src="Splash screens/iOS/Splash-750x1334.png" width="750" height="1334" orientation="portrait"/>
<splash platform="ios" src="Splash screens/iOS/Splash-1242x2208.png" width="1242" height="2208" orientation="portrait"/>
<splash platform="ios" src="Splash screens/iOS/Splash-640x1136.png" width="640" height="1136" orientation="portrait"/>
<splash platform="ios" src="Splash screens/iOS/Splash-640x960.png" width="640" height="960" orientation="portrait"/>
<splash platform="ios" src="Splash screens/iOS/Splash-320x480.png" width="320" height="480" orientation="portrait"/>
<splash platform="ios" src="Splash screens/iOS/Splash-1536x2008.png" width="1536" height="2008" orientation="portrait"/>
<splash platform="ios" src="Splash screens/iOS/Splash-768x1004.png" width="768" height="1004" orientation="portrait"/>
<splash platform="ios" src="Splash screens/iOS/landscape/Splash-1334x750.png" width="1334" height="750" orientation="landscape"/>
<splash platform="ios" src="Splash screens/iOS/landscape/Splash-2208x1242.png" width="2208" height="1242" orientation="landscape"/>
<splash platform="ios" src="Splash screens/iOS/landscape/Splash-2048x1496.png" width="2048" height="1496" orientation="landscape"/>
<splash platform="ios" src="Splash screens/iOS/landscape/Splash-1024x748.png" width="1024" height="748" orientation="landscape"/>

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

This thread is dated and multiple people have chimed in. Can you state exactly what the issue is that you are having? The current XDK (and many version prior to it) supports iphone 6/6+ splash screens, you do not need to specify them in the additions file. You can pick them in the Project settings.

0 Kudos
Jeff_S_
Beginner

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply. We have run into an issue with splash screens where the iPhone 6+ splash screen first boots into the cordova robot image and then switches to our splash screen before loading the app. This is if we use the cordvoa splashscreen plugin to specify delay time and give it an opportunity to switch. Without cordova, the plugin, or the specification, it just shows the robot splash screen.

With that said, we've tried simplifying to identify the issue by starting with blank templates and XDK sample projects. We've used two separate computers - a PC And a Mac, both running version 2366, and then ran the XDK Early Access on the PC - all of which resulted in the same issue. We've tried different splash images, tried supplying splash images to all sizes across the iOS even though we aren't pushing to tablet, and again no luck.

Is there a way for us to speak directly for quick issue resolution? If we're doing something wrong then we can make changes, but again we've stripped this down to new projects with XDK blank and sample templates - minimal information and still the same issue.

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

The issue you are describing is a known bug. Our developers are aware of it and hope to have it fixed this week. Till then, there is nothing you can do on your side to fix this issue.

0 Kudos
Jeff_S_
Beginner

John,

We have an ongoing project and this issue has been identified in this thread and this one (https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/topic/549607)  dating back to April. We can push our launch out by a few days if you are confident in a forthcoming release of XDK this week that will address the issue, but if not then we absolutely must switch to Phonegap/xcode.

Are you certain there's a forthcoming release this week that will solve the issue and on which day would you expect that to become available?

0 Kudos
Alexander_F_
Beginner

Hi all.. to clarify, this issue is older for me, because I finished my project and everything works fine, then the problem with the splash screen at least for the latest version for OSX is gone, or is back again, please let me know.

Thank You!

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

Trust me, I am aware of the longevity of the bug. I was informed that it would be investigated further this week. You can always submit and then when (fingers crossed) the bug is fixed, you can developer reject the binary and rebuild. 

I will post back when I know more. 

0 Kudos
Jeff_S_
Beginner

Unfortunately this sounds very iffy. It's a client project, we don't have the luxury of launching into the app store with broken splash screens.

Please keep me advised.

0 Kudos
Jeff_S_
Beginner

What do you mean fingers crossed anyway? This bug undermines the entire purpose of your XDK program. This is fundamentally more important than new feature updates or anything. No agency or app publisher that isn't a kid can publish an app using your software. Your software is trying to compete for authority in an emerging market of cloud-based hybrid compilers and you guys sat on this for 3 months and now say "fingers crossed". Are you serious? Is this really the level and attitude of support that Intel is providing when a bug this important is being raised? Your Twitter account's most recent post congratulates someone for their first serious project with XDK but shouldn't you be aiming towards empowering corporate development teams to launch with your XDK?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Jeff, we are very aware of the long time this issue has been outstanding and are seriously trying to get it resolved. I've escalated your issue with the hope of getting some more muscle behind the resolution.

Can you tell me which version of the Splash Screen plugin are you using and which version of CLI are you specifying for your builds? There were some Cordova issues that were causing something like this to happen, but all reports are that it was fixed with Cordova for iOS 3.7 and splash screen 0.3.4 (which is what you should be getting if you're using CLI 4.1.2). Please confirm the version number of the splash screen plugin.

0 Kudos
Jeff_S_
Beginner

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the follow up. I'm using Cordova CLI 4.1.2 and splash 0.3.5. As i mentioned, I downloaded and upgraded to the latest version of the XDK (2366), starting new projects with default settings.

I tried using older version of the CLI (3.5) and found the robot image affected the iPhone 6 in that version as well.

Cordova CLI actually exists in version 5 but the XDK doesn't support it. the Splashscreen plugin exists at version 2.1.1 but I just ran into issues trying to implement that.

0 Kudos