Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Cordova CLI update 4.1.2 to 5.1.1

Marvin_B_
Beginner

Hi everyone!

I am developing an ARM application with the Intel XDK. I recently tried to upgrade my project from Cordova CLI version 4 to 5. When I install the newly built app on my phone I get the "App not installed" error.

These are my build logs:

buildLog_0.png

I tried removing and reloading all Cordova plugins.

What struck me in the build log was Building a Cordova 5.1.1 application and Building with Cordova Android 4.1.1, as this makes no sense to me, but I don't know where this second reference comes from. Any ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated! 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

Apparently you've updated the version number of your app. The app with same App ID with different version number will not install when you are side loading the app. For the testing purpose keep the version number same OR change the App ID OR remove the previously installed app with the same App ID and re-install the new one. 

As for the Cordova build - "Building a Cordova 5.1.1" means we are using Cordova CLI 5.1.1. The CLI pins a specific version of Cordova for different platforms. CLI 5.1.1 pins 4.1.1 version of Cordova Android, hence you see Building for "Cordova Android 4.1.1". The pinned version for various platforms are different than CLI version.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Marvin_B_
Beginner

I just figured out what was causing the application to not being built. For anyone who is encountering the same issue try setting your version number to 60001, if you are building an ARM application with Crosswalk.

0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

Apparently you've updated the version number of your app. The app with same App ID with different version number will not install when you are side loading the app. For the testing purpose keep the version number same OR change the App ID OR remove the previously installed app with the same App ID and re-install the new one. 

As for the Cordova build - "Building a Cordova 5.1.1" means we are using Cordova CLI 5.1.1. The CLI pins a specific version of Cordova for different platforms. CLI 5.1.1 pins 4.1.1 version of Cordova Android, hence you see Building for "Cordova Android 4.1.1". The pinned version for various platforms are different than CLI version.

0 Kudos