Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Cordova Plugin Explroer: Only show NPM

Rich
Beginner

Hello,

Sorry for this question as it is probably an easy fix that I overlooked.  But when I try to add cordova-plugin-ad-admob to my project I can only import into npm, git repo and import local plugin.  I do not see Cordova Plugin Registry therefore I cannot import the plugin I want to use.  What am I doing wrong?

• Intel XDK version (upper right corner of the Intel XDK). 3922
  • Platform you are building for, build log, build settings, etc. - Android
  • Screenshots, when applicable.

0 Kudos
30 Replies
Rich
Beginner

Ok so you do the npm and it works fine?  I just tried again and I never get the confirmation box that it was added.  The "Loading" or "Adding" box that shows the progress of the request just closes out and goes back to the project info page.  No Addin created.

Tried just adding "Battery" plugin and it does the same thing, just closes out of the progress window and goes back to project page.  No addin created

EDIT:  Actually found another thread that shows the issue I am having.  Hoping it has to do with my over-writing the inital .xdk.  Exporting new project and starting fresh to see how it behaves.

0 Kudos
Rich
Beginner

Dang it...still no luck starting from scratch with fresh export and new project in XDK...same result.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Are you able to create a project using the sample "hello cordova" project? Does it add plugins if you create a project based on that sample?

0 Kudos
Rich
Beginner

Tried with "Hello Cordova" template and created ADDin fine.  Must be something wrong with the way I am exporting from Construct 2 and importing into XDK.

Weird I feel like this is the same process I did back in Summer 2016 with no issues.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

If you are exporting from Construct2 then there is likely a config.xml file in your project root that is causing troubles. It seems that the presence of that config.xml file in the root of your project sometimes causes problems like what you are describing, I think the issue showed up with 3900, when we updated the underlying node-webkit. But it's an odd problem, sometimes it causes trouble and sometimes it does not...

Try deleting the config.xml from the root of your project folder and let me know if that fixes the issue.

0 Kudos
Rich
Beginner

I tried again and still no luck.

I removed the config.xml file and imported into XDK, seemed to finalize super quick.  But still the addins will not load.

0 Kudos
Rich
Beginner

Also tried exporting from Construct 2 using the the "xdk" option.  So I deleted config.xml file and used the "Open Intel XDK PRoject" option inside of XDK and the project loads.(This is a different way than I did last summer) and the project loads into XDK fine but I still cannot import addins...and it quickly goes from me trying to create back to the projects screen.

Still no errors.

I am sorry I do not do this often to be well versed in the process.  :)

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

When you export with the new Construct2 export option it includes a config.xml file in the exported project. That file needs to be removed.

0 Kudos
Rich
Beginner

Yeah, I have been deleting that config.xml file since you suggested it.  Same result - I am checking around Construct2 forums and see if anyone has any new info on this but not having a good response.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Rich -- thanks for providing the test project.

I see two different <project-name>.xdk files in the project root:

• GA109.xdk
  • GalacticAttack.xdk

which is not normal.

The contents of those two project files are quite different. It appears as if one was the result of using the generic import method and the other was the result of opening an exported Construct2 project or by copying files into an XDK blank template.

Regardless, both opened as a proper project (I'm testing with version 3922 of the XDK). One included a fairly standard set of Cordova plugins that I've seen before in other Construct2 apps, and the other had none (which is also consistent with my assumption regarding how the projects were imported). Both ran in the Simulate tab (at least I was able to start the game and make a ship crash).

I'm confused by your repeated statement, in previous posts, regarding "but I still cannot import addins..." -- I keep referring to "plugins" and you keep referring to "addins." Perhaps we're not talking about the same thing? Can you explain what you mean by an "addin"? As far as I can tell there is nothing wrong with your project (other than the fact that it contains two <project-name>.xdk files, which needs to be cleaned up).

0 Kudos
Rich
Beginner

Sorry for the confusion, but when I say Addins I mean plugins.  I have been supporting Office far too long and to me addins-plugins are the same  :)

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Rich -- please check this thread to see if it also applies to you, might be the same problem > https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-xdk/topic/733620 < --Paul

0 Kudos
Rich
Beginner

Paul F. (Intel) wrote:

Rich -- please check this thread to see if it also applies to you, might be the same problem > https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-xdk/topic/733620 < --Paul

This problem seems to be that the plugin does get added but then errors out...mine problem does not even load the plugin to start with.  Just kinda ignores my request, i guess.

0 Kudos
Rich
Beginner

Paul F. (Intel) wrote:

Rich -- thanks for providing the test project.

I see two different <project-name>.xdk files in the project root:

• GA109.xdk
  • GalacticAttack.xdk

which is not normal.

GA109.xdk is the name of the project in Intel Xdk

GalacticAttack.xdk was an old project in XDK I do not use anymore.  I wonder why that would be in my export folder from Contstruct2....hmmm

EDIT...looks like I tried creating two xdk projects pointing to the same folder.  I don't think this is causing the issue because even when I had the one project in the path the issue with not loading the plugin still persisted.

I removed both projects, deleted all files in that folder and exported again.  Opened GalacticAttack.dxk file that was in the root of my contruct2 export location.  Tried adding plugin and it just quickly goes back to main screen of XDK and does not show plugin loaded. I went to "Devlop" tab in XDK and looked under plugins and nothing is listed.  Can I add it manually via some code or something?  

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

This one is a bit of a wild guess. I've seen situations where the contents of the global-settings.xdk file can cause project settings troubles. Usually I've seen this when working with App Designer projects, but it could be that it is also related to your situation. Try doing the following:

• exit the XDK
  • locate the "global-settings.xdk" file(s) on your system (https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/faqs/general#global-settings-file)
  • delete or rename the global-settings.xdk file(s) you find
  • restart the XDK

Your list of projects, on the Projects tab, will be lost, but you can open each existing project as you have been doing when you import a Construct2 export, using the green "open an Intel xdk project" button at the lower left of the Projects tab, to get them back.

0 Kudos
Rich
Beginner

Found the file and renamed.  Reopened XDK and you are right, all projects were gone.  Opened my project and tried to import plugin...same result.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Follow the instructions on this page to completely uninstall and re-install > https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/faqs/general#uninstall-xdk <

0 Kudos
Rich
Beginner

Ran through the uninstall, reboot and reinstall.  Same result.  :)

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

I am at a loss on this one. What platform are you using? Windows, Mac or Linux? Can you send me an exact copy of the exported package you get directly from Scirra? I'll send you another private message for that request.

0 Kudos