Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Cordova build adding launching icon and splash screen

Supyo_H_1
Beginner

in Cordova build mode for android, I tried to add launching icon and splash screen and always get this error after building my app.

I tried with xdk demos and got the same result.

I don't know how I define the source directory when I import the source code.

Attached is the result screenshot.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

The "source" directory is normally named "www" inside your project directory. You can specify it in the "Project Info" section of the Projects tab (see the attached image). You can change this setting by selecting the folder icon to the right (not shown in the picture).

In the current version of the XDK, you icons and splash screens must be located within the source directory, or in a subdirectory of the source directory (see the attached image for an example).

Screen Shot 2015-07-14 at 3.08.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-07-14 at 3.10.31 PM.png

0 Kudos
Supyo_H_1
Beginner

Dear Paul,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I actually did put my images inside www folder, but I got the same result when I built the app.

When I add my images on building setting, I see broken image icon not my image.

I wonder if that's normal. Do I need to create folder inside?

I am not a tech guy, so I just don't know what is wrong.

I wish XDK allows me to upload those images to the server just as in Legacy build.

I use Windows 7, for your information.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

If you are seeing a broken image icon, that is not normal. 
What is the full path to your images? Just want to make sure there isnt any funky chars.

Also, I have seen issues in the past where the images them selves are actually corrupted with bad width x height info. Check that and try resaving the images with a different editor.

0 Kudos