Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Create an app with Website and load when Offline

BlueYeti
Beginner

Hi there

I am currently working for my app that show two page website with table only. I was wondering , How can I make an simple app to show webpage and load when online and show local file instead when offline and overwrite local file when online. 

Here I find solution https://github.com/krisrak/html5-cordova-webapp but it say It was developed by older versions of intel xdk. Please upgrade to read it.

It'd be very helpful if anyone could help me.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

If you would like to see that sample app updated, I recommend that you contact the author directly, via the GitHub page that contains the app. The plugins he is using are all standard core Cordova plugins. The plugin IDs he is using are the "old" Cordova plugin IDs, but you can easily substitute the new IDs for the old IDs when adding them to your project.

All you need to do is create a blank Cordova project, replace the index.html file in the blank project with the one in that sample, and then add these plugins to your app:

You should double-check the API calls he has made against the most recent version of each of these, just in case there have been changes to those API. In most cases the APIs should be unchanged or only need minor edits.

0 Kudos
BlueYeti
Beginner

yes it did work very well but now I don't what am I doing wrong because as I put my website link there and simulate then the page automatically get's load in every 1-2 sec. can anyone suggest what must be done. and the author only has provided to view the website when online but I am looking for something that allows user to view website offline too and load or refresh when online and overwrite the local file. 

I find somewhere to use File manager plugin, I've already added the plugin but how can I use the plugin to achieve what I want.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

To go further with this I suggest you try searching StackOverflow under the Cordova tag for ideas. That's where you'll find ideas regarding how to write an app. This forum is more about the mechanics of building and packaging an app, not so much about programming.

0 Kudos