Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Creating an Apple Certificate Signing Request

Tony_B_
Beginner

Good morning,

My app is now on the Google Play Store and I'm trying to build/test an iPhone version of the App. I found this document https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/building-cordova-ios-apps-intel-xdk and am having a problem. I completed these steps:

1. Select Certificates, click All and click the + button.
  2. Select App Store and Ad Hoc radio button.
  3. Click the Continue button.

But... the following steps don't seem to work

1. Click Continue and upload CSR file you previously downloaded using the Intel XDK iOS CERTS tab (in the Build tab).
  2. Click Choose file and select a location to store file.
  3. Click Generate.

I downloaded the CSR using XDK 2673 and then specified this as the file to be uploaded but the "Generate" button does not become active.

I'm using Win 7 and Internet Explorer if that makes a difference.

Thanks for any direction you can provide.

Tony

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Anusha_M_Intel1
Employee

I followed the steps in the article and the Generate button activates for me as soon as I upload my CSR. It looks like you got as far as uploading your CSR. Try it in Google Chrome instead. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Tony_B_
Beginner

Hello Amr,

This is my first ios app so I could be using the wrong terminology but....To build an ios app you need to create an Apple iOS App Store and Ad Hoc Certificate. To generate this certificate you need to upload an "Apple Certificate Signing Request (CSR)" to Apple's website. You can generate the CSR using the XDK Build tab for your project. By the way you also need an Apple Developer Account that costs $100 per year. 

The link I gave in my original post has a good overview and describes the process in detail.

Hope this helps.

Tony

0 Kudos
Anusha_M_Intel1
Employee

I followed the steps in the article and the Generate button activates for me as soon as I upload my CSR. It looks like you got as far as uploading your CSR. Try it in Google Chrome instead. 

0 Kudos
Tony_B_
Beginner

Thanks Anusha,

I used Chrome and it worked fine.

Regards,

Tony

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

You should be doing all of this inside of the XDK, not from the web.

0 Kudos
Tony_B_
Beginner

John,

I was following the instructions in the Intel document I linked to in my original post. The document was posted in April this year. Has something changed or am I missing something blindingly obvious?

Thanks,

Tony

0 Kudos
Anusha_M_Intel1
Employee

Tony, Apple's website needs to be accessed from a browser. So all is well. 

0 Kudos