Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

DCM /FW Install Issues - PLEASE READ!

Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

There are multiple possible failure/error situations during DCM installs/upgrades.  There is also a built in limitation of attempts in some cases at 20. If you have issues after 2 or 3 attempts, please follow the instructions below.

There are 2 errors that have solutions already posted:
 - IF the error is the Installer mentions other Microsoft Hotfixes or patches, you do NOT have a problem unless you see other issues with the installation.
 - If the error is saying you have 0 space, you need to remove the file
 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\RSDCM" and try installation again

For other errors, please supply us with the following information: (1, 2, and 3 are definitely all required)
Note: it is VERY IMPORTANT that you check and accurately report your exact conditions as there are many combinations with different end results.
1. Is the camera a peripheral ordered from Intel or is it integrated into the PC?  Being locked or in recovery mode differs between peripheral and integrated cameras.
2. In Device Manager, what is listed under Imaging Devices? (nothing, virtual driver, RGB, depth, webcam, etc..)
3. In Device Manager, what is listed under USB Devices as a RealSense camera? (IF listed, does it end with the camera model number or with the word device?
4.  Are there any error codes (-4 is general camera failure; -3 is failed to init camera).
5. Include install logs.

0 Kudos
79 Replies
fabian_b_
Beginner

I also have a problem with the SR300. I can't install the DCM, because the software can't find the hardware. The Developer Kit is orderd by Intel.

• Windows 10 Build 10586 (64bit)
  • DCM 3.0.24.59748
  • Intel Core I5-6500T
  • 8GB Ram
  • don't use a USB-Hub
  • tried all USB 3.0 Ports
  • No Imaging Devices in the Device Manager

device-manager.PNG

I hope someone can help me.

0 Kudos
Anandh_R_
Beginner

Hi, I purchased a Lenovo Y700 a month ago, and the Realsense camera on it has been working intermittently.

1. It is an integrated camera (F200)
  2. In the device manager, the following are seen under the imaging devices
    1. Intel(R) RealSense(TM) 3D Camera (Front F200) Depth
    2. Intel(R) RealSense(TM) 3D Camera (Front F200) RGB
    3. But both are under hidden devices
  3. Under the USB devices, these are seen
    1. Intel(R) RealSense(TM) 3D Camera (Front F200)
    2. Intel(R) RealSense(TM) 3D Camera (Front F200) Device
    3. Again, both are hidden.

When I try to run the DCM installer, I get an error code -4 I am unable to use my camera with any app. Any help is greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Yuri_S_1
Beginner

Hello,

I am unable to use what appears to be an Intel RealSense F200 3D camera due to Intel hardware and software failures. Symptoms:

- RealSense training message: "We are sorry, but there was a problem connecting to your Intel RealSense 3D Camera."
Intel RealSense Extension for Scratch: "Software not running properly. Intel® RealSense™ SDK Web Runtime is either missing or not properly installed. Please restart PC after installation."

1. Is the camera a peripheral ordered from Intel or is it integrated into the PC?  Being locked or in recovery mode differs between peripheral and integrated cameras.

- Integrated into ASUS AIO Z240IC

2. In Device Manager, what is listed under Imaging Devices? (nothing, virtual driver, RGB, depth, webcam, etc..)

- Intel(R) RealSense(TM) 3D Camera (Front F200) Depth
- Intel(R) RealSense(TM) 3D Camera (Front F200) RGB

3. In Device Manager, what is listed under USB Devices as a RealSense camera? (IF listed, does it end with the camera model number or with the word device?

DeviceManager.png

4.  Are there any error codes (-4 is general camera failure; -3 is failed to init camera).

- No codes, just errors, lots of them.

5. Include install logs.

- Not sure about logs, but here are the error messages from the dialog windows of uninstall attempts of DCM, SDK, SDK Runtime and Web Runtime from Programs and Features (Windows 10 64 Pro):

"Intel® RealSense™ Depth Camera Manager F200 Setup Wizard ended prematurely because of an error(s). 
To install this program at a later time, run Setup Wizard again. Click the Finish button to exit the Setup Wizard."

"Intel® RealSense™ SDK 2014 Runtime Setup Wizard ended prematurely because of an error(s). 
To install this program at a later time, run Setup Wizard again. Click the Finish button to exit the Setup Wizard."

"Sorry, there was an error during installation... close the installer and reload the web page to try again."

ProgramsAndFeatures.png

Any help would be much appreciated.

Yuri

0 Kudos
Rajendran_E_
Beginner

Hi 

I found solution for this problem.( Read this fully )

When i tried to install the DCM while i got THE REAL SENSE 3D GESTURE CAMERA NOT DETECTED. SO INSTALLATION WAS TERMINATED.

I really got very upset about the F200 camera driver and its update.

I tried following things but NO LUCK issue was not fixed.

1#. Removed all the realsense sdk  / camera driver / firmware 

2#. Updated the all drivers from setting 

3#. Re-started so many times.

4#. Re-Connected camera so many times 

5#. Install & Un-Install so many times nearly 20 times but no luck.

I TRIED THIS WAY AND GOT IT WORKED FOR ME .

1* Get the all data backup ( Do not forget )

2* Reset the pc Setting --> Update & Security ----> Recovery ---> Reset of PC

After i can install firmware ( Without Error) / DCM ( Installation Successfull ) / SDK ( With all features ). So you better to do like with out 
wasting time.Otherwise cannot solvable its un-predictable .

0 Kudos
liqun_h_
Beginner

2016-02-23.png

I find the way to fix the issue.(At least for me)

Please stop the auto-load RS200 services on boot and manually start it.

0 Kudos
samontab
Valued Contributor II

Here is another possible fix for error -4 on the F200:

- Remove any DCM that you have installed.

- Connect the F200 camera.

- Open Device Manager

- Under Universal Serial Bus Devices, uninstall Intel(R) RealSense(TM) 3D Camera (Front F200).

- Disconnect the camera

- Start the DCM installer

- Connect the camera

- It may now install the firmware this time.

0 Kudos
Nacho_C_
Beginner

After updating the DCM to new 1.4 version my F200 is unusable. This is what I did:

Uninstall older DCM.

Install new DCM, which upgrade the FW without any error

Install the new SDK.

After that,none of the samples worked, they stucked waiting for the camera to start.

Following some of the advices here, I uninstalled the USB Intel(R) RealSense(TM) 3D Camera (Front F200) from the device manager. After that, the new DCM will not proceed stating there is no camera attached.

Uninstalled two 'USB video device' from the Imaging group. The DCM keeps stating there is no camera attached.

Ordered from Intel
2. In Device Manager, what is listed under Imaging Devices? (nothing, virtual driver, RGB, depth, webcam, etc..)

Intel(R) RealSense(TM) 3D Camera (Front F200) Depth

Intel(R) RealSense(TM) 3D Camera (Front F200) RGB

3. In Device Manager, what is listed under USB Devices as a RealSense camera? (IF listed, does it end with the camera model number or with 

Nothing.

Any possible fix for this? Is it possible to download the previous versin of the DCM in the mean while? Cheers!

0 Kudos
Martin_T_Intel
Employee

I am trying to install DCM (3.1.25.2599) for use with SR300 but it fails every time at the second step (installing SR300 x86 Gold).  Where can I find the install logs so I can attach them?

Thanks

Martin

0 Kudos
eliezer_r_1
Beginner

I have been trying to bring up SR300 under WIN10 for a few weeks. The device manager shows both depth and RGB devices. When trying to install DCM, installer requires firmware update to the camera, but the firmware update fails with error -15. I have posted multiple messages elesewhere and get no response. This is an Intel -purchsed SR300 stand-alone camera, and I have attemted installs in 3 different computers. How do I fix this? Can anyonein INTEL respond to these support requests?

0 Kudos
Diana_S_
Beginner

My SR300 shows up in device manager but does not init for samples I am running windows 8.1

0 Kudos
Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

SR300 requires Windows 10 TH2.

0 Kudos
luke_E_
Beginner

I'm having an issue trying to get my SR300 to work.  I'm using a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014) which has 2 x USB3.0 ports.  When I connect the SR300 to my Mac (running OSX 10.11.2) the device shows up on the internal USB3.0 hub as 'Intel RealSense(TM) Camera SR300.  Another device also shows up on below the USB 3.0 Hub under USB2.0 Hub as Creative VF0800.  I'm running VMware Fusion v8.1.1 on my Mac with a virtual machine running Windows 10 Pro (version 1511 OS Build 10586.318).  I'm running v8.0.24.6528 of the Intel Realsense SDK.  When I connect the SR300 to the USB3.0 port on my Mac it asks if I want to connect the device to my Mac or to the Windows VM so I select the Windows option.  In Device Manager I can see Creative VF0800 under Audio inputs and outputs.  It also shows under Sound, video and game controllers.  It does not show under Image Devices.  I can only see VMware Virtual USB Video Device under Image Devices (which is mapped to my Mac's camera).  Under USB devices it shows up as a USB Composite Device using a standard Microsoft driver.  When I run the Camera Explorer app it says there are no cameras connected.  I tried installing the SR300 device driver using the intel_rs_dcm_sr300_3.1.25.2599.exe file.  The installation fails with 'The installer failed to detect an Intel® RealSense™ 3D camera on this system. The installation was terminated.'  I then installed USBDeview which shows the Creative VF0800 device.  I can't see any entry for the SR300 camera.  I’ve tried switching the VMware Virtual USB Video Device to use the Intel Realsense Camera but that doesn’t seem to resolve the issue.  The only difference it makes is that the green light on the front of the SR300 lights up when I select the SR300 in the VMware Fusion Camera options window.

0 Kudos
JOHN_K_3
Beginner

Just upgraded SDK      Camera was working before,  There is no cover over the lazer port on the  camere body - is this normal ?  If camera i damaged how do I get serviced  ?

When DCM instal runs get "no camera found"

1.  Is the camera a peripheral ordered from Intel or is it integrated into the PC?  Being locked or in recovery mode differs between peripheral and integrated camera

Separate R200 peripheral ordered from Intel

USB camere {no RS camera there )

3. In Device Manager, what is listed under USB Devices as a RealSense camera? (IF listed, does it end with the camera model number or with the word device?

Intel * Series Enhanced Host Controller #1- 9C26           Intel *USB 3,0 eXtensible Host Controller 1.0 Microsoft

4.  Are there any error codes (-4 is general camera failure; -3 is failed to init camera).  NO
5. Include install logs.                          NO

0 Kudos
Krzysztof_K_
Beginner

I buy laptop LENOVO Y700-15ISK and i have problem with installation drivers for integrated F200.[WIN 7 64bit]

I try USB drivers from Lenovo and newest from Intel but nothing change...

0 Kudos
Alex_A_2
Beginner

Hi there, 

I'm having the same problem installing both SDK and DCM for my SR300 under Windows 10. 3D Camera cannot be detected by the system and thus the installation won't conclude properly. It doesn't show up on the device manager list.

Peripheral ordered from Intel.

Nothing.

Device could not be initialized (code 10) under USB Devices

0 Kudos
daniel_l_3
Beginner

Error on Installer.

Ordered from Intel.

Intel(R) RealSense(TM)Camera SR300 Depth

Intel(R)RealSense(TM)Camera SR300 RGB

Intel(R) RealSense(TM) Camera SR300
4.  Are there any error codes (-4 is general camera failure; -3 is failed to init camera).

Errorcode 1603
5. Include install logs.

I don't think you've ever explained how.

http://imgur.com/rVXjxJt

Imgur picture link of error + Device Manager

0 Kudos
Ivan_W_
Beginner

Hi 

Quick question when the SR300 is plug in to the USB3 port, does it have a power light? Mine doesnt seems to light up - is it faulty?

I do see the driver under imaging> for depth and RGB  only and under USB device >Intel (R)realsense(TM) Camera SR300

but computer fail to detect the camera for hello...

no errors during the installation.

Any other way to troubleshoot before i can get a replacement? 

rgds

Ivan

0 Kudos
samontab
Valued Contributor II

Hey Ivan, did you also install the correct DCM as well?

0 Kudos
Sean_P_
Beginner

I tried to install R200 driver to my desktop (Windows 10 64bit , Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.4GHz), using "intel_rs_dcm_r200_2.1.24.9476.exe" installer.

I connected R200 in USB 3.0 port and run the installer.

It shows the following message :

"The installer failed to detect an Intel RealSense 3D camera on this system. The installation was terminated".

It cannot even dected as USB device, nothing happens in Device Manager.

I tried it other PCs in the office, but all the desktop cannot detect R200 and show the same message. Only one notebook from other vendor can detect R200.

-------------------------------------

peripheral

nothing

nothing

5. Include install logs.

0 Kudos
kim_w_1
Beginner

Hi All,

I'm getting the following problem when trying to install the latest DCM with a SR300 RealSense connected to the USB 3.0 port on a Lenovo Windows 10 64bit tablet with the Intel Atom z8700. 

Setup Wizard ended prematurely because of an error(s). Windows Installer failed to configure product:

Error message: Fatal error during installation. Error code:1603

File name: intel_rs_sdk_runtime_ia32_dcmservice_sr300_3_1_25_2599.msi

Anyone else see this, and any suggestions? I've made sure the power settings on the USB device/hub is set to always on. This particular SR300 works fine on a different Windows computer, but we need to get it to work on the Intel Atom z8700 or z8500 - based tablets. 

Intel - do you have support for Windows drivers and Windows SDK on these tablets with these Atom processors? (I know there is Linux support). 

It seems that an older driver release (DCM) will indeed work!  The older DCM (intel_rs_dcm_sr300_3.0.24.59748) will install without error and the SR300 will function with the latest SDK on an Intel Atom z8700 based Windows 10 (64 bit) tablet; albeit with some problems and errors with some of the example tools, and some slowness with hardware initialization. 

Intel, since an older DCM driver works on an Intel Atom Z8700 system, it would be logical to have the latest drivers install on these systems. Will you be fixing the problems and update the DCM so we can support the SR300 on the Intel Atom z8700 with Windows 10? 

Other info:

1. The camera is a peripheral (yes, USB3.0, and power settings enabled). 
2. In Device Manager, what is listed under Imaging Devices?  RGB, depth 
3. In Device Manager, what is listed under USB Devices as a RealSense camera? Yes, Intel(R) RealSense(TM) Camera SR300
4.  Are there any error codes : Setup Wizard ended prematurely because of an error(s). Windows Installer failed to configure product:Error message: Fatal error during installation. Error code:1603File name: intel_rs_sdk_runtime_ia32_dcmservice_sr300_3_1_25_2599.msi

5. Include install logs.(let me know if you need these)

Thanks! - Kim

0 Kudos
liz_n_
Beginner

I have a ASUS ROG gl552vw and SR300 and R200 works perfectly.

But with a MoreFine M1s (atom z8300) DCM fails with error 1603 too.

I try to remove Microsft drivers

0 Kudos