Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17060 Discussions

DCM /FW Install Issues - PLEASE READ!

Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

There are multiple possible failure/error situations during DCM installs/upgrades.  There is also a built in limitation of attempts in some cases at 20. If you have issues after 2 or 3 attempts, please follow the instructions below.

There are 2 errors that have solutions already posted:
 - IF the error is the Installer mentions other Microsoft Hotfixes or patches, you do NOT have a problem unless you see other issues with the installation.
 - If the error is saying you have 0 space, you need to remove the file
 "C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\RSDCM" and try installation again

For other errors, please supply us with the following information: (1, 2, and 3 are definitely all required)
Note: it is VERY IMPORTANT that you check and accurately report your exact conditions as there are many combinations with different end results.
1. Is the camera a peripheral ordered from Intel or is it integrated into the PC?  Being locked or in recovery mode differs between peripheral and integrated cameras.
2. In Device Manager, what is listed under Imaging Devices? (nothing, virtual driver, RGB, depth, webcam, etc..)
3. In Device Manager, what is listed under USB Devices as a RealSense camera? (IF listed, does it end with the camera model number or with the word device?
4.  Are there any error codes (-4 is general camera failure; -3 is failed to init camera).
5. Include install logs.

0 Kudos
79 Replies
Junghyun_C_
Beginner
I have struggled with the installations of F200 and R200 cameras for weeks. It is too unstable to use. Now, F200 is not working, but I don't know when R200 will not be working. 1. Both cameras are orderd from Intel directly in September. 2. Intel(R) RealSense(TM) 3D Camera (Front F200) is in Universal Serial Bus Devices 3. Intel(R) RealSense(TM) 3D Camera (Front F200) Depth and Virtual Driver are in Imaging Devices. 4. I couldn't find where the log file and error code are. The same problems occur in both my laptop(lenovo T540p Win10) and desktop. I suspect this problem occurs after automatic-updating Intel F200 driver...(What is that update ?) I hope that these problems are gone and I can use the cameras. Please help me!
0 Kudos
Junghyun_C_
Beginner
I have Intel(R) ... F200 "RGB" also. But, the application does not work.
0 Kudos
Houman_Z_
Beginner

Intel sent me new camera (F200) and now it is working and now i have windows hello working :-)

0 Kudos
Xusheng_L_Intel
Employee

Good to know it is camera defect. Thanks!

Houman Z. wrote:

Intel sent me new camera (F200) and now it is working and now i have windows hello working :-)

0 Kudos
Bertram_D_
Beginner

Hi,

the installation of the DCM and the SDK both fail with the error message "The installer failed to detect an Intel® RealSense™ 3D camera on this system. The installation was terminated.". The R200 was given to us by Intel as an engineering sample for evaluation purposes. It is plugged into a USB3 port on the PC. Plugging it into a different USB3 port leads to the same error message. When plugged in, a small green light on the camera blinks with in interval of ~2 seconds.

Installer version: 2.0.3.39488

Windows 7 x64 Pro.

1. Is the camera a peripheral ordered from Intel or is it integrated into the PC?  Being locked or in recovery mode differs between peripheral and integrated cameras.

The camera is from Intel (not integrated).

2. In Device Manager, what is listed under Imaging Devices? (nothing, virtual driver, RGB, depth, webcam, etc..)

Nothing.

3. In Device Manager, what is listed under USB Devices as a RealSense camera? (IF listed, does it end with the camera model number or with the word device?

I cannot find any reference to the RealSense camera in the device manager.

4.  Are there any error codes (-4 is general camera failure; -3 is failed to init camera).

No. The exact error is: "Prerequisite Issues Summary. The installer failed to detect an Intel® RealSense™ 3D camera on this system. The installation was terminated".

5. Include install logs.

I will if you tell me where to find them.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Radek_V_
Beginner
I have problem with detection of camera be DCM setup.
Operating system is x64 Windows 10 Pro, build 10586. Camera was used and worked perfectly for Windows Hello and other stuff. But one day, suddenly, it stopped worked (Hello is unable to switch it on).
So I expected that problem is in drivers and uninstalled everything and now I am stuck on detection. I tested camera in 3 different USB 3 ports (front panel, backpanel on board, over USB3 powered hub) with same results.

1. Is the camera a peripheral ordered from Intel or is it integrated into the PC?  Being locked or in recovery mode differs between peripheral and integrated cameras.
Ordered from Intel, manufactured by Creative (F200)
 2. In Device Manager, what is listed under Imaging Devices? (nothing, virtual driver, RGB, depth, webcam, etc..)
 - Front F200 RGB, Front F200 Depth and my secondary Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000
 3. In Device Manager, what is listed under USB Devices as a RealSense camera? (IF listed, does it end with the camera model number or with the word device?
 - device is not listed under USB controllers and also not listed under USB devices tree
 4.  Are there any error codes (-4 is general camera failure; -3 is failed to init camera).
 - no, just message
 5. Include install logs.
 - where I can get them ?

Update : In attachment is report from NirSoft USBDeview. As you can see, there is still some drivers even after uninstall and restart. Maybe it could be reason ?
0 Kudos
Lo_P_
Beginner

Hi,

I recently bought a Lenovo Z51-70 laptop with an integrated Realsense Camera F200 installed. The laptop comes with Win 8.1 and I upgrade it right away to Win10. The Realsense app "Wave Warrior" works fine after the Win10 upgrade. However, found in Device Manager that there are two instances of "3D Camera Virtual Driver" and one of them is stopped. Also found two versions of DCM F200 installed in "Programs and Features" under "Control Panel". Please see the screen captures and related info in the attachment, and kindly advise if one of these versions should be uninstalled so that only one DCM Virtual Driver will appear in Device Manager. Thank you. 

In addition, found in the DCM download page that latest version for F200 is 1.4.27.41944, while the ones on my laptop are 1.4.27.30007 and 1.4.27.48405. Should I reinstall the 1.4.27.41944 version? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Tope_A_
Beginner

I'm also experiencing a failure when I attempted to use DCM version 2.0.3.2548 (I also tried the newer DCM and got the same error) with R200. As soon as I started using DCM on Windows 10, it hanged and is giving me error code -3.  The R200 is now unusable.

1. Is the camera a peripheral ordered from Intel or is it integrated into the PC?  Being locked or in recovery mode differs between peripheral and integrated cameras.   Ordered from Intel

USB Video Device
Intel(R) Realsense(TM) 3D Camera (R200) Depth
Intel(R) Realsense(TM) 3D Camera (R200) Left-Right

3. In Device Manager, what is listed under USB Devices as a RealSense camera? (IF listed, does it end with the camera model number or with the word device?   USB Composite Device

Error code: -3

0 Kudos
Tomer_G_1
Beginner
  1. Camera R200 ("DS4") ordered from Intel few month ago.
  2. On Laptop A Lenovo nothing but the built in WEBCAM is listed under Imaging Devices.  On Laptop B- HP - the built in WEBCAM and the R200 are listed under Imaging Devices.
  3. On Laptop A – Lenovo the camera is now not identified, but it worked before(USB 3.0 Connection is ok and working with another camera). On Laptop B – HP camera working fine.  Camera was installed (Drivers + SDK on Laptop A – Lenovo) – few month ago and worked fine , then one week ago it was installed on Laptop B- HP with drivers(intel_rs_dcm_r200_2.0.3.53109) + SDK(intel_rs_sdk_offline_package_r5_7.0.23.8048) and works OK on laptop B but now is not identified on Laptop A. We try to Re-Install, and uninstall drivers and SDK on Laptop A but the R200 camera is not identified on Laptop A , Still ok on Laptop B

Is there a way to completely remove the old drivers files from Laptop A and do a new Install?

0 Kudos
Alejandro_S_Intel1

You can check if you are connecting your camera at the USB 3.0 port by looking at the color inside the port. The standard for the USB 3.0 is to be blue in the interior part. Otherwise the interior would be black.

0 Kudos
Mario_B_2
Beginner

Hi,

The installation of the DCM.2.0.3.53109 and the SDK7.0.23.8048 both fail with the error message "The installer failed to detect an Intel® RealSense™ 3D camera on this system. The installation was terminated."

1. Is the camera a peripheral ordered from Intel or is it integrated into the PC?  Being locked or in recovery mode differs between peripheral and integrated cameras.   Ordered from Intel

DS4 Depth Camera

DS4 LyRy Camera

DS4 WebCam

None

4.  Are there any error codes ? No

I guess the problem is that the device is detected as "DS4" instead of realsense r200.

In any case I would appreciate any help.

Thank you
0 Kudos
rchuang
Beginner

Just received RealSense camera but can't get it to work with SDK install

Installed intel_rs_sdk_offline_package_r5_7.0.23.8048.exe   
Running CamerExplorer - message says "not connected"

Ordered from Intel but received a Creative Labs package.   Can use camera so it is connected and usable for Skype.

Intel(R) RealSense(TM) 3D Camera (Front F200) Depth
     Intel(R) RealSense(TM) 3D Camera (Front F200) RGB

No RealSense device listed under USB.  Using an Intel NUC i5-4250U CPU with 16G.  Windows 7 Pro with latest updates.

No error codes.  Just "The Installer failed to detect any compatible Intel(R) RealSense(TM) Depth Camera Manager (DCM) on the system"

5. Include install logs.

Where's the log??

UPDATE:

Tried it on a windows 8.1 Pro machine.   i3-3120M 16G

Under Control Panel
        Imaging devices
              Intel(R) RealSense(TM) 3D Camera (Front F200) Depth
              Intel(R) RealSense(TM) 3D Camera (Front F200) RGB
       Universal Serial Bus devices
              Intel(R) RealSense(TM) 3D Camera (Front F200)

It is hooked up to a blue USB 3.0 port

Running installer still said it can't detect the camera.

Running CameraExplorer still show camera not connected.   Running raw stream seems to show image for both depth and RGB.

Is the SDK not compatible with the Creative W4VF 0800 Depth Camera?????  I ordered it from Intel and got this camera.

Please advice as to what to do next.

0 Kudos
mphillips53
Beginner

Upon following the instructions and removing the previous depth camera manager and then installing the updated dcm, I find that my f200 is no longer recognized by the installer.  Both the depth camera and rgb camera still work with Skype and ISpy64.  The virtual camera and acpi devices will not install. Hence no dcm service is registered.  I tried manually removing every trace in the registry and removing previous device drivers.  The DCM and SDK will not install.  Any suggestions?

I would sure like to understand why my camera is no longer recognized by your dcm software.

Here are the logs:http://1drv.ms/1Li7rYE

0 Kudos
Vinicius_B_
Beginner

I'm having problems with all the demos that use hand data with my F200 (from Intel, not integrated) camera. All of these demos crashes when a hand is shown in the image.

Does anybody else having this issue?

0 Kudos
Wolfgang_F_
Beginner

With OS Win8.1 I had only problems with installing DCM RealSense Camera F200. Someone I found the camera and otherones ever Code -4. Then I changed OS to Win10240 and my Camera worked fine (DCM 1.4.27.52404), suddenly yesterday it stopped. I looked by DeviceManager: RGB and Depth isn't there. I updated OS to Win10586 and now the system never find the Image, the camera is down.

Now I installed a properly new Win10 10586 with newed drivers and when I want to install DCM camera it ends with Code -4.

I ordered the camera F200 by Intel in June, 2015; Device Manager Usb Device: Intel RealSense 3DCamera(FrontF200)Device; I can found no logs!

I had transfered a storageimage of the old functioned OS to C:\, but I saw in Image Device only: Virtual Driver

By installing DCM, first it removed all ImageDevice in DeviceManager and then by new installing it aborts with Code -4. It will never find the Camera.

By Intel where I can change my camera in new? I think it`s bad, defect.

Where are the logs listed by Win10?

0 Kudos
dslig
Beginner

My F200 camera was working fine (including Windows Hello) until a recent upgrade to W10 build 14257.  Now I am back to

The installer failed to detect an Intel® RealSense™ 3D camera on this system. The installation was terminated.

And yes I have it connected directly to a USB 3.0 port:

Capture.JPG

Camera was a direct order from Intel but received a Creative Labs unit. 

UPDATE: today's W10 Fast Ring release has fixed this issue - Build 14267.rs1_release.160213-0213 

UPDATE 2: spoke too soon. DCM and camera works for Windows Hello and Skype etc but I still get this from the new R1 SDK:

The installer failed to detect an Intel® RealSense™ 3D camera on this system. Certain SDK features require an Intel RealSense 3D camera

0 Kudos
Wolfgang_F_
Beginner

Hi User F200,

yesterday I made a properly new installation of WIN 10586 with working Intel RealSense Camera F200. In the DeviceManager I could see all three ImageDevice Drivers listed (Depth, RGB and Virtual). Immediatly I cloned my HDD with program Clonezilla to an other HDD. Later I installed other programs and ... suddenly the ImageDevice had only the Virtual Driver; Depth and RGB were gone. I wanted to start F200, but it never would working.

I cloned back the first working image with Clonezilla to HDD - surprise there only was shown me the Virtual Driver too. I thought that fault of the Camera must be a hardware defect.

I asked the INTEL Customer Support for help to exchange the Camera, but the bad answer was: "After 90 days of delivery, we are unable to provide an exchange." I was very very angry and dissapointed. I had ordered the camera by Intel as Developer Kit in June 2015 and since that time I had only trouble with it. Ever and ever trying a new installation, connecting the camera, but everytime the same frustrated result: Code -4.

Now, in despair of such shameful Intel Support, I disconnected the Camera and opened carefully the casing of this F200 Camera. Backside there are  2 black screws upstairs you see, and behind the black rubber band downstairs there are 4 galvanized thread screws. When I folded away the front from casing - attention to two noses upstairs and the cables - I saw the circuit board lying out of its clips, the black cable pressed and the grounding cable loose. What for a great quality work of Intel! I turned thight the little screw, but grounding cable was still loose. The thread length of the little screw is too long. With a little washer I fixed the grounding cable with the little screw. For solving problem the pressed cable, I made a rabbit in the casing and fixed it with sided adhesive tape. Before assembling I looked carefully that no cable could be pressed by casing. Then I assembled carefully the camera and connected it to PC-USB3.

Eagerly, what says the DeviceManager? The Camera is w o r k i n g !!!

I hope, this instruction is a clear possibility to many disappointed owners of Intel RealSense Camera F200, to solve the great problems installing drivers and firmware connecting USB3, causing loose ground cable to casing ground.

0 Kudos
Wolfgang_F_
Beginner

Maybe you have still a problem with recognizing, then look to the very little connection cable to the circuit board on the side. It can be that the cables have connection among themselves or they have influence. I carefully rotated back once the circuit board (the cables have be relaxed). Since that time my Camera  F200 in DeviceManager all three devices (Depth, RGB, Virtual) are shown correctly and th're working properly. Good luck!

0 Kudos
jarch3
Beginner

I'm not able to install the SR300 DCM Drivers version 3.0.24.59748 on my machines.

• Windows 10 Build 14267.rs1_release.160213-0213
  • Attempted on my built machine w/3 USB different controllers: ASMedia USB 3.1, Intel USB 3.0, and Renesas USB 3.0
  • Same results on a Surface Book, same Windows Build
  • Same results with two additional SR300 cameras
  • My old F200 works on same machine.
  • Error Message:

2016-02-23 (1).png

2016-02-23 (2).png

0 Kudos
punto_d_
Beginner

I got error "Platform not supported: {"DCM":"1.4.27.41944"}" when I try a demo i found at github : https://github.com/robksawyer/realsense-demo/blob/master/views/face_tracking.jade

and also "Uncaught ReferenceError: PXCMSenseManager_CreateInstance is not defined".
Is it because of my camera is F200, so it's not compatible ?

0 Kudos
DKryd
Beginner

yeah,14267 is bogus.i also got the installer issue on that build.   i had to go back to 14251, it installed ok. the question i have on these DCM versions is it ok to have the DCM installed for a r200 and a sr300 at the same time? i'm not talking about having them both in use at same time, just is it ok to install both. i'm thinking if so this is a diversion from earlier advice about always uninstalling prior instances of the DCM.

0 Kudos