Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

DCM Install Reports No Free Disk Space

Brian_H_1
Novice

I have tried installing the DCM 1.2, 1.3, and 1.4 using the standard installation file and each time I am seeing the following error which prevents installation from starting:

Destination Folder(s):

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\RSDCM

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\RSDCM

Space required:  48Mb    Space available: 0.0B

Following components will be installed:
   Intel® RealSense™ Depth Camera Manager F200
   3D camera virtual driver
   Depth Camera Manager Service
   Info server

I have tried clearing the installation cache, rebooting, running as an admin, running in legacy mode.  None worked.

I am running Windows 10 RTM.  I have plenty of disk space.

Thanks,

Brian

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Brian_H_1
Novice

The installer for DCM 1.4 definitely has a bug, but for anyone else running into this problem, I found a workaround to get it installed.

1. Run intel_rs_dcm_f200_1.4.27.32425.exe
  2. The installer will extract it's contents to your temporary files folder.  The path for mine was:
    C:\Users\Brian\AppData\Local\Temp\{91d07afa-21fa-4833-8f8f-38f014d1d35f}
    The last part of the path is random, so just find it by sorting by the Last Modified column.
  3. Inside that directory, navigate to /Plugins/FWUpdateF200.
  4. Open an administrative command prompt window and run the following:
    FWUpdateF200.exe /oemId:0
    This will update your camera's firmware.
  5. Now enter the following command to go to the installations directory:
    cd ../../installs
  6. For every .msi file in that directory that starts with "intel_rs_sdk_runtime", run the following command:
    [FILE].msi EXTERNALUI=PSET

Complicated, but it worked for me.  Good luck!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Have you tried specifying a different folder than Program Files to install the files to?  For example:

C:\Common Files\Intel\RSDCM

0 Kudos
Brian_H_1
Novice

How?  I couldn't find any way to change the directory.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I just checked the installer for the DCM.  You're right, it doesn't give you an option to select a directory like the main SDK install does.  My apologies.  I use Windows 10 myself (the final test version before the public release that has just come out) and have not encountered this problem.  Hopefully some of the other folk on this forum will be able to make some suggestions.

Edit: after some googling, I found that in cases where people have had a 0 disk space message whilst installing other programs, it was because their Windows 'Temp' folder had reached its capacity.  Programs often copy files to the Temp folder during the installation process before they are written to their permanent location on the hard disk at the end of the install process.

Apparently, even if you have gigabytes of space on your PC, the Temp folder has a limited capacity.  I just checked mine and found it had 106 mb of stuff in it.  You can quickly find your Temp folder by going to the 'Search the web and Windows' box at the bottom of your Windows screen and pasting the following in:

%systemdrive%\Windows\Temp

You can quickly find the disk cleanup tool by typing 'temp' into the Control Panel's search box.

1.jpg

Edit 2: Windows 10 has a new disk space analysis tool called Storage Sense that breaks down how the space on your hard disk is being used.  you can find it by typing 'Storage Sense' into the search box at the bottom of the Windows screen.

When I used it, it said I had 6.78 GB of temporary files.  4 gb of that was something called Windows.old.  When you upgrade to a newer version of Windows, it keeps gigabytes of files from the previous install in case you decide to roll back to the previous Windows.

Edit 3: Apparently, Windows does not place a limit on the Temp folder size these days.  I must be showing my age!  Still, many people swear by the importance of regularly cleaning out their temp files to recover disk space.

0 Kudos
RBang
New Contributor II

Hi, 

How much of disk space do you actually have?  Because even though it's a download of 1.3 GB, once the software is installed it occupies 4,19 GB of space.

0 Kudos
Brian_H_1
Novice

I have terabytes of free disk space - that definitely isn't the issue.

0 Kudos
Monte_C_
Beginner

I am having the same issue

I am running Win 10 Pro

0 Kudos
Brian_H_1
Novice

Sorry to hear you also are having this issue, but I'm also sort of glad that it's not just me!  Do you have VS2015 installed by any chance?  I think it might have something to do with VC++ dll version mismatch.

0 Kudos
RBang
New Contributor II

Brian H. wrote:

Sorry to hear you also are having this issue, but I'm also sort of glad that it's not just me!  Do you have VS2015 installed by any chance?  I think it might have something to do with VC++ dll version mismatch.

I'm using VC2015 RC, so the VC++ dll mismatch you're talking about is not the issue. It's something related your computer, since it's not able to allocate enough memory for the setup. Try another drive or folder.

0 Kudos
Brian_H_1
Novice

There is no way to change where it gets installed.

i even extracted the individual Msi files from the setup executable, but they explicitly disallow standalone installation for some reason.  Previous versions of the DCM didn't have this same restriction in the Msi files.

0 Kudos
Brian_H_1
Novice

The installer for DCM 1.4 definitely has a bug, but for anyone else running into this problem, I found a workaround to get it installed.

1. Run intel_rs_dcm_f200_1.4.27.32425.exe
  2. The installer will extract it's contents to your temporary files folder.  The path for mine was:
    C:\Users\Brian\AppData\Local\Temp\{91d07afa-21fa-4833-8f8f-38f014d1d35f}
    The last part of the path is random, so just find it by sorting by the Last Modified column.
  3. Inside that directory, navigate to /Plugins/FWUpdateF200.
  4. Open an administrative command prompt window and run the following:
    FWUpdateF200.exe /oemId:0
    This will update your camera's firmware.
  5. Now enter the following command to go to the installations directory:
    cd ../../installs
  6. For every .msi file in that directory that starts with "intel_rs_sdk_runtime", run the following command:
    [FILE].msi EXTERNALUI=PSET

Complicated, but it worked for me.  Good luck!

0 Kudos
pfc
Beginner

@Brian: Thanks a lot, that actually worked. I'm wondering if that affects all Windows 10 users? If yes, it tells a lot about RealSense usage among non-devs...

0 Kudos