Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

DCM will not install, exits with a -4 error during firmware update.

Norm_S_
Beginner

I've had the developer kit camera for a week now, and have attempted installation on several machines, running both windows 8.1 and windows 10.

On every machine I try, I can not install the current DCM - it fails with an error of -4, and suggests that the firmware may be corrupted and I should contact my provider for instructions on how  to recover.  (That would be Intel?).  I am able to install the previous version of the DCM, and have been able to run some of the SDK samples, but I can not get the current DCM to work.  All machines are haswell, USB3, both desktop and laptop.  Thoughts?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Wolfgang_F_
Beginner

Hi, I have now the same problem.

I had installed F200 with DCM1.4 in OS 8.1Pro. The image device in the device manager showned me all 3 devices (Virtual Driver/RGB/Depth). By end of installation DCM there comes a message from a known problem Hotfix.

I upgraded to Win10Pro and there I saw only the virtual Driver. By opening properties there is the message: the device "Root\image\0000" was deleted. I deinstalled the USB device RealSense F200 and installed the DCM once more.

The end: init failed code -4

0 Kudos
Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

Please send in the logs from  C:\Users\<loginname>\AppData\Local\Temp\micl_tmp_<loginname>\

0 Kudos
darko_z_1
Beginner

It seems like the camera is in recovery mode (error code 1280).

0 Kudos
NBans1
Beginner

Hi,

I have tried with all versions of DCM, from 1.2.14.24922 to 1.4.27.41944, all are giving the same error -4 (error during firmware update).

I am using Window 10

0 Kudos
Antonio_D_1
Beginner

Still having the same problem all was ok until updating to a version that forces us to update the firmware

I totally gave up on this on my previous computer on the assumption that something might have been wrong with

my computer today on a totally new system more powerful than the previous one I ran into the same problem,

here are my logs from today's brief try with 1.4

0 Kudos
MingFei_L_
Beginner

I have the same problem.

Please tell me how to slove it .

Thank you.

0 Kudos