Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Debug tab for iOS

Raiden_d_1
Beginner

Hi!

I wrote to you via XDK Debug before, because of an IOS App. I remember that I had to create an app preview ipa file in that project which I had to deploy to the phone after I was able to run debug mode. My problem is that I cannot find any stuff which explains how can I do that again. Can you help me please? Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

From this doc page > https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/using-the-debug-tab

For iOS devices, follow the iOS Help instructions on the Debug tab to create and install a special "debuggable" version of App Preview for iOS (aka Debuggable App Preview) that is signed with an Apple development [wildcard]certificate and an appropriate provisioning file created using your Apple Developer account (see these help documents regarding obtaining an Apple dev certificate and creating an Apple dev provisioning profile). This special Debuggable App Preview for iOS must be installed on your iOS device to use the Debug tab (you may also need to install Apple iTunes* on your development machine to facility debugging an iOS device with the Intel XDK).

0 Kudos
Raiden_d_1
Beginner

Yes, I found that too, but I need the description of how to generate the Debuggable App Preview application.
Unfortunately I couldn't find it anywhere. Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

You don't create the debuggable App Preview app, all that happens is you provide the credentials from your Apple Developer account to re-sign the existing App Preview for iOS and then that is downloaded and installed on your device. We do not yet have the ability to create a custom app preview like we can for Android, and we do not yet have the ability to build a debuggable app for iOS with our build system.

The instructions you need should be on the Debug tab under the "iOS Help" button.

0 Kudos
Raiden_d_1
Beginner

I downloaded the latest app preview so now I can see what I should to do. The configuration interface didn't appeared earlier, so i didn't know what to do. Thanks for everything!

0 Kudos
John_H_Intel2
Employee

The help tabs were previously available even if you had a device connected. Not sure why they are now hidden. I have filed a bug on this.

Can you attach screenshots of the road blocks you are seeing?

0 Kudos