Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Dependencies for icc

nemequ
New Contributor I

I'm working on a small script to install icc on Travis CI, and I'm pretty close to getting it working.  Unfortunately, AFAICT there isn't any information on how the different components interact.

I'm installing "intel-icc-l-all__x86_64;intel-icc-l-ps-ss__x86_64;intel-icc-l-all-vars__noarch;intel-icc-l-all-common__noarch;intel-icc-l-ps-common__noarch;intel-icc-l-all-devel__x86_64;intel-icc-l-ps-devel__x86_64;intel-icc-l-ps-ss-devel__x86_64", but when I try to run icc I get an error message:

/opt/intel/bin/icc: error while loading shared libraries: libintelremotemon.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

What component(s) do I need to install to get libintelremotemon.so installed?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
nemequ
New Contributor I

Never mind.  I had tried looking for the file earlier with no luck, but I just looked again and there it was in …/ism/bin/intel64.  I set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the right directory, and it works.

This brought be me to an interesting issue (which I've also resolved, but I would consider this one to be a bug).  I'm installing in user mode, and the installer dumps the license file to $DESTINATION/licenses, but icc doesn't actually check that location.  It checks $DESTINATION/compilers_and_libraries_2016.0.109/Licenses.  If I don't copy (or symlink) the license I get:

Error: A license for Comp-CL is not available (-76,61026,2).

License file(s) used were (in this order):

1.  Trusted Storage
**  2.  /home/travis/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2016.0.109/linux/bin/intel64/../../Licenses
**  3.  /home/travis/Licenses
**  4.  /opt/intel/licenses
**  5.  /Users/Shared/Library/Application Support/Intel/Licenses
**  6.  /home/travis/intel/compilers_and_libraries_2016.0.109/linux/bin/intel64/*.lic
0 Kudos
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Evan,

The license file (.lic) should be on the default search locations:

$HOME/intel/licenses (user installation)
or
/opt/intel/licenses (root installation)

Alternatively you can use the environment variable INTEL_LICENSE_FILE=<path_do/license_file> pointing to another location of .lic.

Regards, Hubert.

0 Kudos
nemequ
New Contributor I

The error message doesn't say anything about ~/intel/licenses being a valid location, and it doesn't work.  I have been using ~/intel as my PSET_INSTALL_DIR, so the license was being written to ~/intel/licenses and icc wasn't picking it up.

I did a quick test and changed PSET_INSTALL_DIR to ~/intel2 just to see if the license was being written to ~/intel/licenses or $PSET_INSTALL_DIR/licenses, and it's the latter.

My "fix" is to symlink to $PSET_INSTALL_DIR/licenses at ~/Licenses.  If icc were checking ~/intel/licenses that wouldn't be necessary (assuming PSET_INSTALL_DIR == ~/intel).

0 Kudos
nemequ
New Contributor I

Note that I am not the one placing the *.lic files.  The installer is doing that, all I'm doing is providing it with a serial number.

0 Kudos
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

Evan,

Thanks for feedback. As said, the alternative in case the default search paths do not work in a customized installation is to use INTEL_LICENSE_FILE.

Regards, Hubert.

0 Kudos
nemequ
New Contributor I

So, back to (basically) the original issue: dependencies.  The components I'm installing are still the same as in my original comment: "intel-icc-l-all__x86_64;intel-icc-l-ps-ss__x86_64;intel-icc-l-all-vars__noarch;intel-icc-l-all-common__noarch;intel-icc-l-ps-common__noarch;intel-icc-l-all-devel__x86_64;intel-icc-l-ps-devel__x86_64;intel-icc-l-ps-ss-devel__x86_64"

When I call icc , it complains about missing libraries (imf, svml, irng, ipgo, decimal, cilkrts, irc, and svml).  I've tried searching in INSTALL_PSET_DIR for libimf.so*, no results.  Am I missing a component?

I have also noticed that $INSTALL_PSET_DIR/compilers_and_libraries_2016.0.109/linux/bin/iccvars.sh is a symlink to ./compilervars.sh, but that file doesn't exist (see lines 123-129 of that link for the output of `ls -l` on that directory.  My understanding is that I should be calling iccvars.sh to set the environment variables requires by icc/icpc, but obviously that just leads to an error.  Again, maybe compilervars.sh is provided by a component that I'm missing?

The interactive installer seems to know what components to install depending on how you configure it, so it seems like there should be a list somewhere, but I can't find it.

0 Kudos
Mark_L_1
Beginner

This error happens sporadically for me.  The library in question exists. Rerunning the tool usually fixes the problem.

/opt/intel/composer_xe_2015.2.164/bin/intel64/icpc: error while loading shared libraries: libintelremotemon.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I believe this has to do with some interaction with the Intel Remote Monitoring service, i.e. if that fails, then you get this error. If it doesn't fail, then you don't get this error.

How does one totally disable this silly service? It is of no use to me.

0 Kudos
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Evan,

Sorry for the delay. While I was reviewing my open forum threads I found your last question still unanswered.

Meanwhile we have Intel® Parallel Studio XE 2016 and if you have 2016 installed and still encounter the error while loading libintelremotemon.so you can uninstall the Intel® Software Manager, e.g.:

sudo /opt/intel/ism/uninstall.sh

and shutdown intelremotemon

Regards, Hubert.

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

This issue has been resolved. If you have a similar question please start a new thread to ensure your issue is being addressed in a timely manner.

0 Kudos