Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Depth and IR stream not work

Aleksei_A_
Beginner

Hello.

Running IR and Depth camera resets USB port. RGB camera works fine.

CPU - I5 4670K, Motheboard - Asus Z87 plus, Windows 10, SDK 4.0, DCM 1.3

I read about problems with yusb ports ASmedia, but through them the camera sometimes included.

When connected to ports usb intel depth and IR camera never not start.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

ASmedia USB 3 has been an issue for many people, please do what is suggested in those threads.

The other possibility is that your user folder name includes non English characters. 

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

If RGB works but IR and Depth do not, it sounds as though your computer's USB port does not have enough power for them, as the camera draws more power for its laser with these than it does for RGB.  

The trouble is that the USB standard states a minimum amount of power that they should provide, but manufacturers cannot agree on a maximum.  So on some computers, the USB port does not provide enough power when devices are using a lot of energy and the device fails.

Others have found that this problem can be fixed if they plug their camera into an external powered USB hub.

Edit: But try Colleen's suggestion about ASMedia first before you buy a hub!  :)

0 Kudos
Aleksei_A_
Beginner

In Intel yusb ports IR and depth camera never turns on.

When connected to the camera ASmedia port usb though sometimes included

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

Aleksei, I see from your pictures that you have both the Intel and XHCI USB drivers installed at the same time.

My PC has these two installed too, but I am not having problems with it.  One person with XHCI on this forum got their camera working by going into their PC's BIOS settings and switching on XHCI support.

I just checked my own PC's BIOS on my Gigabyte motherboard, and XHCI is set to 'Smart Auto', which presumably means that the computer can automatically turn on XHCI when a device needs it.  This would add to the evidence that turning on XHCI in the BIOS may fix ASMedia USB problems if a person cannot uninstall it and use only the Intel USB drivers.

0 Kudos
Aleksei_A_
Beginner

I have set in the BIOS is also "smart auto".

Even tried to include xHCI force, the result is the same.

0 Kudos
Aleksei_A_
Beginner

Thanks.

Device Manager > USB controllers > Root Hub > Properties > Power Control > allow to turn off this device to save power > off

Device Manager > USB controllers > External Hub > Properties > Power Control > allow to turn off this device to save power > off

and so after each camera is connected to the port USB

The camera is connected to a USB port Intel

But sometimes depth camera still does not turn on

0 Kudos