Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Designer with jQuery Mobile does not generate Code

Hansruedi_T_
Beginner

XDK Build 2893

I created a new Project "HTML5 + Cordova" with "Use App Designer". Then I chose jQuery Mobile Framework and started working in the Design-View.

Then I changed to the Code-View and only a part was there, the rest is ignored. Whenever I change something in the code, the Design-View will be generated anew and I lost all my design-work.

Here the only generated code in the body-part:

<body>
        <!-- IMPORTANT: Do not include a weinre script tag as part of your release builds! -->
        <!-- Place your remote debugging (weinre) script URL from the Test tab here, if it does not work above -->
        <!-- <script src="http://debug-software.intel.com/target/target-script-min.js#insertabiglongfunkynumberfromthexdkstesttab"></script> -->
        <div class="upage" id="mainpage" data-role="page">
            <div class="upage-outer">
                <div data-role="header" class="container-group inner-element uib_w_1" data-uib="jquery_mobile/header" data-ver="0">
                    <h1></h1>
                    <div class="widget-container wrapping-col single-centered"></div>
                    <div class="widget-container content-area horiz-area wrapping-col left"></div>
                    <div class="widget-container content-area horiz-area wrapping-col right"></div>
                </div>
                <div class="upage-content ac0 content-area vertical-col left"></div>
            </div>
        </div>
    </body>

Is there something wrong in the XDK-Framework?

Thanks in advance for any helpful hints.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Chris_P_Intel
Employee

Update: I have been able to reproduce this, though not reliably.  But enough that I hope we can work on the problem.

And I confirmed that right clicking in the file list and choosing "Refresh File Tree" _will_ force the Editor to reload the file and you'll be fine. No Design changes lost. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

What happens if you create a new project and try a different framework, such as App Framework or Ionics or Framework7?

0 Kudos
Chris_P_Intel
Employee

I can't reproduce this with 2893, but I don't doubt your experience. We've had other reports of this.

From what I've been able to determine, the file _is_ being updated, the problem is that the editor is not reloading the changes to the file after the Design view updates it.  You may be able to right click in the File listing and choose "Refresh File Tree" to get the update, I'm not sure. Otherwise you would have to close and open the XDK.    But again, since I dont' have a reliable way to reproduce, these approaches may not be 100% correct.

If you have a reproducible sequence for causing this, let me know. 

0 Kudos
Chris_P_Intel
Employee

Update: I have been able to reproduce this, though not reliably.  But enough that I hope we can work on the problem.

And I confirmed that right clicking in the file list and choosing "Refresh File Tree" _will_ force the Editor to reload the file and you'll be fine. No Design changes lost. 

0 Kudos
Hansruedi_T_
Beginner

Chris, thank you for your post. After realizing that I have to hide "Web Services" I found the File Tree and was able to force the generation of the code through "Refresh File Tree". This seems to work fine. 

0 Kudos