Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Developer Certificates ERROR, Google Play rejects update, iOs not builds

Alessandro_S_
Beginner

Hello, I've updated both Android and iOs certificates to Developer as asked by XDK (I've read the FAQ, but I don't remember that I've been asked to save anything before, so now I've lost my original certificates!! I've already written to report this issue as FAQ suggests).

With new developer certificates, now Google Play rejects updates of my App.  I'm trying to publish build by Phonegap and XDK. In both cases I'm not able tu publish my app's update if I use the newer certificate (In Phonegap I've both, my original and the converted one.). Phonegap build is accepted by Google Play if I use my original certificate (that I don't have any longer in XDK)

And I'm no longer able to build iOs version of my app with newer certificate. ( XDK build gives me this error: Your mobile provisioning profile does not match your selected certificate. Please see the Intel XDK FAQs for information on how to fix this and Phonegap gives this error: Error - Certificate doesn't match profile: The default keychain doesn't have an identity matching). Phonegap builds if I use previous certificate (that I don't have any longer in XDK). Of course If I build the app by PhoneGap with original certificate, builds succeeds and AppStore accept update.

So I need original certificates!! I've already compiled the issue request form,is this the correct way to ask you original certificates before conversion?

Please help me urgently, I've to update both my Apps on stores!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Alessandro S. wrote:

With new developer certificates, now Google Play rejects updates of my App.  I'm trying to publish build by Phonegap and XDK. In both cases I'm not able tu publish my app's update if I use the newer certificate (In Phonegap I've both, my original and the converted one.). Phonegap build is accepted by Google Play if I use my original certificate (that I don't have any longer in XDK)

If you are able to publish to the store using PhoneGap Build, why are you also trying to publish using the XDK build system? They both generate the same app, so there is no need to build with both, especially since the XDK build system will be going away.

Alessandro S. wrote:

And I'm no longer able to build iOs version of my app with newer certificate. ( XDK build gives me this error: Your mobile provisioning profile does not match your selected certificate. Please see the Intel XDK FAQs for information on how to fix this and Phonegap gives this error: Error - Certificate doesn't match profile: The default keychain doesn't have an identity matching). Phonegap builds if I use previous certificate (that I don't have any longer in XDK). Of course If I build the app by PhoneGap with original certificate, builds succeeds and AppStore accept update.

Again, if you are able to build and submit with PhoneGap Build, why do you also need to build and submit with the XDK build system?

Regarding iOS, if you are having cert problems you are best off simply generating a new set of iOS certs. Unlike Android, you can use new iOS certs with existing apps, because Apple issues those certs (unlike Android, where you issue the certs) and can, therefore, verify that the certs you submit with your built app match your developer account. If you need to generate new iOS certs I would follow the instructions provided by PhoneGap Build > http://docs.phonegap.com/phonegap-build/signing/ios/#windows-users < I recommend using the Windows process, since it will work with any OS and using the Apple process can sometimes result in subtle problems that are difficult to resolve.

0 Kudos
Alessandro_S_
Beginner
Hello Paul, we hear back! The problem for me has 2 issues, one with lower priority and one with higher priority: 1) - low priority: I have to create back a p12 cert for iOs, then add pushwoosh push service, test back that everything will work well 2) - high priority: what happens if I want to build with another Cordova compiler? I need my original keystore (before this conversion asked to me by XdK) for Android right? Else Google Play will reject updates, right? So because I cannot retrieve it from phonegap and I don't have any keystore saved on my pc I need the original keystore that You should have. The best would be get the original p12 so I would fix the point 1. Please help me as usual! Thank you
0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Alessandro S. wrote:

1) - low priority: I have to create back a p12 cert for iOs, then add pushwoosh push service, test back that everything will work well

Anything you do for iOS should be done using certs you get from your Apple Dev Account. There's not much we can do to help you regarding iOS certs.

Alessandro S. wrote:

2) - high priority: what happens if I want to build with another Cordova compiler? I need my original keystore (before this conversion asked to me by XdK) for Android right? Else Google Play will reject updates, right? So because I cannot retrieve it from phonegap and I don't have any keystore saved on my pc I need the original keystore that You should have.

Your account shows a converted "legacy" keystore for Android. That keystore is identical to the one that you used before the conversion, except that it has been resigned with a new password and given a new alias, both which where chosen by you. You can download that keystore directly from within your account, using the certificate management console, under your userid (in the upper right corner of the XDK).

The only Android keystore we have in our database is that converted keystore. All keystores we have in our database always show up in your keystore management console. If you downloaded that keystore and submitted it to PhoneGap Build, then you should just download it again, it is the same one. If that is NOT the keystore that you submitted to PhoneGap Build, we are not able to help you, because there are no other Android keystores in your account.

It is important to understand that the "converted" keystore is the same as the original keystore. It is possible you had a different XDK account, in which case, the "original" keystore you are searching for is in another account. If that is the case, you'll have to figure out what that other account is in order to retrieve that other keystore.

If you've simply forgotten the password to the new converted keystore, we can "unconvert" it so you can perform the conversion again -- but it will be the same keystore, just with a new password and alias (which you choose when you convert it).

0 Kudos