Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Download/Install problem with IVF 11.1

pskerlj
Beginner
Hi,

I've purchased and downloaded IVF 11.1 (w_cprof_p_11.1.054.exe) but when I try to run it I get the following error:

"This self extracting executable file appears to have been corrupted and cannot be executed. You should obtain a new copy of this file to insure that it will execute correctly."

I have downloaded it several times and the download appears to be successful but I repeatedly get the above error message. My OS is Windows 7.

I have also tried to use "Download Manager" but it sets the status = "Error" with no specific details.

Any ideas?

Thanks
0 Kudos
11 Replies
Chuck
New Contributor II
Quoting - pskerlj
Hi,

I've purchased and downloaded IVF 11.1 (w_cprof_p_11.1.054.exe) but when I try to run it I get the following error:

"This self extracting executable file appears to have been corrupted and cannot be executed. You should obtain a new copy of this file to insure that it will execute correctly."

I have downloaded it several times and the download appears to be successful but I repeatedly get the above error message. My OS is Windows 7.

I have also tried to use "Download Manager" but it sets the status = "Error" with no specific details.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Hello,

I am currently trying to duplicate your problem and so far I have not been able to.

I will keep you informed.

Chuck
0 Kudos
pskerlj
Beginner
Quoting - Chuck (Intel)

Hello,

I am currently trying to duplicate your problem and so far I have not been able to.

I will keep you informed.

Chuck

Thank you for looking into this.

I just tried it on another server (OS = Windows Server 2003) and I get the exact same error using the direct download and alsothe "Download Manager" gives the same error. Note that during the direct download the the last Mb takes nearly as long to download as the first 800plus Mb do.

Note however the I was able to successfully download the 3 redistributable libraries and the 3 IMSL libraries.

Is there another way to deliver the install file (w_cprof_p_11.1.054.exe)? Perhaps zipped up via an ftp site?

Thanks you for your help.

0 Kudos
Shamla_P_Intel
Employee
Greetings,

What is the size of the downloaded executable w_cprof_p_11.1.054.exe ?

Did you try to run the same on a different OS?

Could you try the install as an administrator on Windows 7 ? It shouldn't make a difference, but this helped with one of our known issues with license.

Thank You
Shamla

0 Kudos
pskerlj
Beginner
Quoting - Shamla (Intel)
Greetings,

What is the size of the downloaded executable w_cprof_p_11.1.054.exe ?

Did you try to run the same on a different OS?

Could you try the install as an administrator on Windows 7 ? It shouldn't make a difference, but this helped with one of our known issues with license.

Thank You
Shamla

Hi,

The fileinfo given when I right click and get file properties is:

Size: 874 MB (916,523,922 bytes)
Size on disk: 874 MB (916,525,056 bytes)

I have tried the download from a server withWindows 7 and a server with Windows Server 2003, in both cases as a normal user andand as an administrator. I recieved the same error in all cases. Maybe it has something to do with our firewall/security setting?

Is there another way to deliver the install file (w_cprof_p_11.1.054.exe)? Perhaps zipped up via an ftp site?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Shamla_P_Intel
Employee
Can you try installing as an administrator?

(I didn't mean download.)

0 Kudos
pskerlj
Beginner
Quoting - Shamla (Intel)
Can you try installing as an administrator?

(I didn't mean download.)

I did try to install as an administratorand I get the same error. It does not even get to the installation - it complains that the file is corrupt.

Is there a different way to acces the file?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Shamla_P_Intel
Employee
Please download the files from ftp://ftp.intel.com/pub/outgoing/w_cprof_p_11.1.054.exe and let us know if that works.

Thank You
Shamla
0 Kudos
Shamla_P_Intel
Employee
Please make sure the virus checker is disabled when you download and install.

Thank You
Shamla

0 Kudos
pskerlj
Beginner
Quoting - Shamla (Intel)
Please make sure the virus checker is disabled when you download and install.

Thank You
Shamla

Apparantly out corporate Visus detection or Proxy setup may have caused the problem. I will try from my home computer tonight and let you know the outcome. Thanks.
0 Kudos
pskerlj
Beginner
Quoting - pskerlj

Apparantly out corporate Visus detection or Proxy setup may have caused the problem. I will try from my home computer tonight and let you know the outcome. Thanks.

We have bypassed the proxy settings and the file successfully dowloaded. Thanks for you help.
0 Kudos
Shamla_P_Intel
Employee
Thanks for the update. Happy that you can download the product now.

Shamla

0 Kudos