Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Driver for GMA X3000 (HW T&L)

directcpp
Beginner
Hi.
please.
When Intel will be released drivers for GMA X3000 (HW T&L and vertex shader 2.0 or 3.0)?
in February?

0 Kudos
316 Replies
vak
Beginner
we do not get any answer. there is no any roadmap, no announcements.
0 Kudos
directcpp
Beginner
yes "vak". we do not get any answer!
0 Kudos
vak
Beginner
time goes nothing happens
0 Kudos
kiku1
Beginner

I wanna know how Intel can test X3000 HW T&L function, if they do not develop a driver to support the function at a same time. If they did not test it, how can Intel ensure X3000 hardware design being correct? ....

0 Kudos
directcpp
Beginner
kiku1:

I wanna know how Intel can test X3000 HW T&L function, if they do not develop a driver to support the function at a same time. If they did not test it, how can Intel ensure X3000 hardware design being correct? ....

I have been surfing Tom's Hardware and I found this:

http://www.tgdaily.com/2007/03/08/gdc2007_intel_g965_integratedgraphics/

This means the new driver will be out soon.

Intel is currently developing and validating drivers for the Intel G965 Express chipset that support hardware T&L and vertex shader functions for both the Windows* XP and Windows Vista* operating systems. Beta versions of these new drivers are targeted for download availability within the next 3 months with a production version planned later in 2007. See : http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/intelg965/sb/CS-025665.htm

0 Kudos
shivendra
Beginner
wot about 945 nad 915??? :( plz if 915 doesnt support vista aero,then plz atleast release some drivers that support ht&l and hardware vs so that the existing games requiring xp can run fine!!!plzzz
0 Kudos
henriq
Beginner

I don t think 945 and 915 chipsets have support for hardware T&L or hw vs since the capability for it must be physically present in the chip so its just software T&L for those chipsets. from what I know x3000 was the first Intel IGP to introduce HW T&L(at least in theory because all we know till now is pure speculation and those supposed beta drivers that keep getting delayed and end up never gettingreleased)

As forX3000 drivers I grow tired of waiting, I used to think that Intel was a reliable developer in which I could trust to invest money in its products, but all these driver screw-ups really changed my opinion. Buying hardware that is half a year old and that still doesnt have drivers to run at what its supposed to is just buying a marketing idea, and right now I feel thats what I paid for: a marketing idea that will probably only be functional when I wont need it anymore. So till then Ill be able to watch just what this IGP is capable of my windows desktop, my text based applications, some videos (without the clear video because that would be asking too much) and little more. For my next pc I know what to do... and it has nothing with both the wordsIntel andintegrated. This opinion is shared with a lot of people and there are some sites that already state the failure that was the poor delivery of drivers for the g965 series IGP, so when it comes it wont be such a big deal it just wont matter anymore. Right now Im only waiting for the dx10 generation Nvidia cards so I can finally enjoy some of the capabilities that Intel bragsabout x3000 having, and finally be able to play those old games for DX8and DX9 that the x3000 isnt even able to run and also the new DX10 games.

0 Kudos
directcpp
Beginner

shivendra:
wot about 945 nad 915??? :( plz if 915 doesnt support vista aero,then plz atleast release some drivers that support ht&l and hardware vs so that the existing games requiring xp can run fine!!!plzzz

Only the Intel G965 Express Chipset Family supports hardware Transform and Lighting (T&L) and hardware Vertex Shader 3.0.

See : http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-011910.htm

Sorry. 915 and 945 not support hardware T&L and hardware Vertex Shader.

0 Kudos
kiku1
Beginner

Even X3000 will support HW T&L, youmay disable it!

Why don't Intel publish the driver? Only3 reason;

1. They did not develop the driver before! So they cannot ensurethat X3000 HW T&L is works or not! X3000 may not support HW T&L!

2. They had developed the driver! It dosen't work properly or the preformance is not acceptable!

3. No one know ~ Please tell me if someone know the answer~

0 Kudos
Aaron_B_Intel
Employee
2. is the correct answer. As some Intel people have pointed out, there are drivers out there, but they're still working on tweaking the performance, as in some cases the HW T&L is using more CPU than doing it in software. Beta HW T&L drivers will be out in the next three months or so for the public to test, apparently.
0 Kudos
henriq
Beginner

In my opinion the biggest problem here is that by now we should have a fully working driver, and what we have is the promise of a beta driver in 3 months. In 3 months what will we get? Another promise? Another release date? Even if performance isnt what it should be, having HW T&L should at least improve compatibility and thats my major issue right now.

0 Kudos
kiku1
Beginner

Actually, I have bought a graphic card. It is a good example to show what "Project failure" is! Intel starts to developa fully workingdriver of the product after they sold it to public! X3000 may not provide reasonable preformance,so intelavoided theHW T&L function.

0 Kudos
maarten
Beginner
kiku1:

Actually, I have bought a graphic card. It is a good example to show what "Project failure" is! Intel starts to developa fully workingdriver of the product after they sold it to public! X3000 may not provide reasonable preformance,so intelavoided theHW T&L function.

NVidia will release it's Geforce 8600 series in April.I think I wait for that and buy a card from that serie. They got there drivers ready so far as I know.
0 Kudos
kiku1
Beginner
Oh~please don't promote otherproducts in this forum~they met the basic requirement to be a responsibly producer only. It is thier responsibility to providea fully working driver, when they sellthe productto consumers.
0 Kudos
henriq
Beginner

Intel is currently developing and validating drivers for the Intel G965 Express chipset that support hardware T&L and vertex shader functions for both the Windows* XP and Windows Vista* operating systems. Beta versions of these new drivers are targeted for download availability within the next 3 months with a production version planned later in 2007. See : http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/intelg965/sb/CS-025665.htm

and there goes another month, in still gessing that in 2 months no beta will have been released. should a petition be started or something like that? saw that idea in a forum and though it might be agood option. http://www.petitiononline.com/

0 Kudos
c1t1z3n0
Beginner

or we could just keep replying to this until the "article viewed" hits like 50,000... maybe that'd get their attention. :) I just want to get the drivers that played call of duty at GDC. then i can run/test demos off the DirectX10 SDK in vertex hardware and not software. give us crashing drivers. i dont care if i gotta reboot every 3 hours.

0 Kudos
tormentorduo
Beginner
kiku1:

Even X3000 will support HW T&L, youmay disable it!

Why don't Intel publish the driver? Only3 reason;

1. They did not develop the driver before! So they cannot ensurethat X3000 HW T&L is works or not! X3000 may not support HW T&L!

2. They had developed the driver! It dosen't work properly or the preformance is not acceptable!

3. No one know ~ Please tell me if someone know the answer~

Thats why sooner or later somebody in that crazy USA should sue them so all get there rights

0 Kudos
funta22
Beginner
Still no T&L drivers! Guess I'm looking for a *REAL* Gfx adapter from a serious manufacturer now... Wothless flop.
0 Kudos
c1t1z3n0
Beginner

At least if you got a DG965WH-like board you have a pci16 slot for an ATI R600 cheap $99 DirectX 10 board. :)

0 Kudos
jh-nz
Beginner
Yeah I have hte 965MQ (it is a ubtx mobo) which has a pcie 16x but the problem now is to put something powerful in it it cant handle the extra slots on thecase as required by more power cards now as the int graphics ports get in the way and now way would I chop of the end part.
0 Kudos