Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Driver for GMA X3000 (HW T&L)

directcpp
Beginner
Hi.
please.
When Intel will be released drivers for GMA X3000 (HW T&L and vertex shader 2.0 or 3.0)?
in February?

0 Kudos
316 Replies
c1t1z3n0
Beginner

I think I'm gonna just screw dx10and finish all apps/games i write for the next 3 years in dx9. That way i can go pico-itx and have full dx9 SM2.0 support with low power and still play Quake 3. By then the current$600 decent dx10 cards will be $99. Then I can play Crysis and Doom5. :)

0 Kudos
javatango
Beginner
There was some news a couple of weeks ago at Tom's Hardware regarding development of beta drivers for the X3000 series.

http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/31176/135/

It's a real shame that Intel can't get its act together with updated drivers. The delays show the IGC business is not their strength.

0 Kudos
henriq
Beginner

We are about 14 days from the end of the 3 months given by Intel on beta drivers and still no drivers released. I guess the within 3 months ETA is probably going to change in 14 days.

It would be good to see some kind of response from Intel on this matter since they were so helpful with the 915 vista issue, and since we are days away from the end of their estimate 3 months date.

0 Kudos
jiebie
Beginner

I recently built myself a new PC based on a mobo with GMA X3000 gfx. I fell for the hype and thought it would be able to play modern games. Now having read everything here i feel like a fool and it would seem intel have conned me. I actually still believe that this chipset is capable of great things when compared to any other onboard gfx, but only if the appropriate drivers are ever released.

I'm now considering spending 90 on a Gfx card (probably a 8600GT) so i can play some recent games. Are there any reasons why i should give intel two months(at least) to redeem themselves?

0 Kudos
jh-nz
Beginner
Cause he have hope!?!

And yeah the 8600 series was one that I was looking at to get as well just dont have the money for it yet.
0 Kudos
directcpp
Beginner

Today is officially the last day of the 3 months...

Is it time for Beta driver to be available...

0 Kudos
c1t1z3n0
Beginner

My guess is either:

A) They have the capability to put the driver out, but would rather have us drop another ~$100 on a new motherboard to get G35. The code base for the driver has to be very similar, and that driver should definately have DirectX 10.0.

B) They have lame driver engineers and can't get it to work without crashing every 30 minutes in Vista, which I doubt at this point.

Can't someone just find an email of one of the driver beta-testers, or in house developers, and have them just give us the real reason to stop speculation, make developers happy and allow us to start savingfor the new motherboard?

Which do you think it is DirectCPP?

0 Kudos
Aaron_B_Intel
Employee

C)They are under-resourced and their driver engineers (lame or not) have been prioritized to focus on what is perceived to be more important issues for their big customers (Dell, HP, IBM) instead of what their end-customers might consider to be higher value items (like HW T&L and HD DVD/Blu-ray).

The drivers will be out for G965, not just G35; of that I am confident. Whether they are there in what the end-customer considers a decent timeframe is the question. Some would argue that has already expired.

I'm sure it looked trivial to them when they planned G965 HW T&L for January 2007, and then they got roped into "must-fix" bugs for GM965, G33, G35, and whatever other flavors showed up between then and now. I'm not trying to make excuses for them, but I don't think there's a conspiracy going on. I think they're a victim of their own design schedule coupled with a lack of resources.

0 Kudos
agent_j
Beginner
just in case anyone missed it, here is a great article regarding the driver issue:

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9584_22-6184483.html
0 Kudos
jh-nz
Beginner

Yeah I do think so as well as practically of of the major hardware manufactueres have had vista issues to different exents though so why dont they release a xp hardware transform and lighting driver :P j/k i dont see it coming out anytime soon sadly which is a shame when you ahve been going with intel for a very long time (the old and legendary 386 !!!!!) so I do wich they could release something even a simple beta I am not expecting a huge performance for hardware wise I just need that capability as some games wont simply even run (cnc3 simply wont go even with 3d analyse etc even the old game nolf2 wont run :X ). As far as they say about video performance what ram and cpu are they using ?!?!?! as I have had no problem what so ever with slow fps for Ultra HD video.

Another side note is when I was enquiring about getting a mobo I couldnt get an answer from intel about H t&l so i emailed other companies such as gigabyte and they did reply but they couldnt give me a straight answer on the current (at that time) working features of the x3000!

So yeah another disapointment (no beta drivers what so ever and the time has passed for them so we wait again and get another date that probably would go by) and in all fairness even with being with intel for so long I probably would have done a switch if it werent due to the core2duo's so intelcount yourself lucky for that!

Oh and please release something not keep it for a few more years!!

0 Kudos
killswitch
Beginner
thanx for the update.

although i could not get it to work.

i've tried with driver version 14.27, 14.29 and 14.31 and AGP Texture Accleration is Not Available as reported by dxdiag.exe, so there is no Anti-Aliasing or other gfx features enabled in games.

i also tried version 15.4 in Vista and AGP Texture Acceleration and AA and other features were enabled and there was a visible difference.
why dont the drivers work in windows xp though?

have they worked for anyone else here?
0 Kudos
prashu162
Beginner
i am not able to play spiderman 3 game,it starts normally and when it proceeds futther to the menu page(when it is loading to the menu page) i get a blue screen with an error

The error was following:
***STOP: 0X00000008E(0XC0000090, 0X004B4BD8, 0XEE25885C, 0X00000000)

Beginning dump of physical memory.
Physical memory dump complete.............contact system adminstrator, etc.

What does it mean? How can I prevent it?

Any suggestions will be helpful.
0 Kudos
bikerfoo
Beginner

Did you look at the list of games that were validated with this driver?

Battlefield* 2
Battlefield* 2142
Call of Duty* 2
Elder Scrolls* IV: Obliviion
Vanguard*: The Saga of Heroes
Command and Conquer* 3: Tiberium Wars
Supreme Commander*
Rainbow Six*: Vegas
Age of Empires* 3
Far Cry*
Final Fantasy* XI Bench 3
Unreal Tournament* 2004

And did you read this?

"Testing on additional titles or benchmarks is not recommended and is outside the scope of this release."

0 Kudos
prashu162
Beginner
so do u mean that any other game other than the listed ones do not work
0 Kudos
ofic
Beginner
the driver still doesnot support hardware transform and lighting... so some games wont work and some may work.... try some hardware analysis software such as everest to know what ur driver supports
0 Kudos
ofic
Beginner
I dont think agp acceleration would ever be available in dxdiag.... i read some info about that in this community...
0 Kudos
jh-nz
Beginner
As you see below its been out before I slagged intel off!!

Sorry intel!!

Ver.#Date
10.14.316/1/2007

0 Kudos
prashu162
Beginner
i have tested some big games in sytemrequirementslab,they resulted to work on my system but when i try them some of them work and some of them wont may be the full version of the driver will satisfy all those games
0 Kudos
killswitch
Beginner
well...think again..

http://www.designguru.in/dxdiag1.jpg
http://www.designguru.in/dxdiag2.jpg

this is on Windows Vista Ultimate with X3000 driver version 15.4.
running NFS Carbon i could get Anti-Aliasing and shader support so H/W T&L are being utilized.

i think it's only a matter of time before the fully working drivers for Windows XP are released. the pre-beta release that enables the shaders are a good indication.
0 Kudos
ssb_swe
Beginner
My system cofiguration is

Dg965RY motherboard
p4 3 ghz (ht)
1gb ddr2 533mhz
seagate 160 gb sata2

with the 14.31 driver now i am able to run nfs carbon very smoothly with an avg of 20fps
fps for nfs most wanted also increased to 20-25 fps so with the complete driver we can get an excellent performnce boost!! no doubt about that!!!
0 Kudos