Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Driver for GMA X3000 (HW T&L)

directcpp
Beginner
Hi.
please.
When Intel will be released drivers for GMA X3000 (HW T&L and vertex shader 2.0 or 3.0)?
in February?

0 Kudos
316 Replies
tccwin
Beginner
With 14.31,I was able to playgames like World in Conflict and Crysis. After 14.32, Crysis was fine but World in Conflict started to hang. Now with the driver 14.32.3, both of the games have started giving Blue Screen Of Death. Intel tries to fix one issue and the the working thing goes bad. I think Intel should rent Nvidia Driver Developers to fix GMA issues.
0 Kudos
ofic
Beginner
can u tell me what are all the features supported by the current intel driver?
0 Kudos
davidc1
Beginner

tccwin:
With 14.31,I was able to playgames like World in Conflict and Crysis. After 14.32, Crysis was fine but World in Conflict started to hang. Now with the driver 14.32.3, both of the games have started giving Blue Screen Of Death. Intel tries to fix one issue and the the working thing goes bad. I think Intel should rent Nvidia Driver Developers to fix GMA issues.

Whaat??!? Well, I have not been able to run World in Conflict in all the beta drivers, or the production drivers after that. 14.31pb/14.31b/14.31/14.31.1/14.32/14.32.3 all did not run World in Conflict. My system just crashed. For Crysis, I have not seen improvements or degradation in any of the drivers.

0 Kudos
deep_chatterje
Beginner

Hi friends this is my 1st post here.Though I have been using this community for quite a while now(just by reading the comments written by you guys).I have just bought intel dg965ry motherboard.i have installed the 14.32.3 driver.The "everest" software is showing that hw tnl is not supported.Soi contacted intel and this is what they had to say............"Hello again Arpan,

Thank you for contacting Intel Technical Support.

Hardware transform and lighting and Vertex Shader have been implemented
on the drivers under PV14.32.3

You can download these drivers at the following website:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/filter_results.aspx?strTypes=all&ProductID=2576&OSFullName=Windows*+XP+Professional〈=eng&strOSs=44&submit=Go%21

"

I can't understand whats the problem .plz help me out.Thanx in advance for any kind of help.

0 Kudos
sriram1695
Beginner
hi thr .. even i'm not able run nfs pro street in my 14.32.3 drivers ... my game crashes after a black screen .. i'm runnin a dg965ry board wit 3.0ghz dual core processor.. and i meet all the minimum requirements.. But EA support jus asked me to install the latest latest drivers available for my GMA... i think 14.32.3 is the latest available for x3000... is anythin latest available than 14.32.3....? and how can i ensure tat my board supports hw tnl....? is thr anythin i can do for it ....? pls help me ...!!!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
s18000rpm
Beginner
NFS Pro Steet runs fine on Vista, crashes on XP.

the g965 series support h/w TnL. dont worry.

read this thread- www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60232 ,

that guy has same motherboard as yours & he has tested 50+ games
0 Kudos
deep_chatterje
Beginner
I know that g965 express chipset has the required hw tnl support.But my point is whether 14.32.3(6.14.10.4906)driver invokes it or not.If it enables it, then why "EVEREST" shows hw tnl is not supported?Is it that we have to believe it in abstract????....confusing.
0 Kudos
davidc1
Beginner

deep_chatterje:
I know that g965 express chipset has the required hw tnl support.But my point is whether 14.32.3(6.14.10.4906)driver invokes it or not.If it enables it, then why "EVEREST" shows hw tnl is not supported?Is it that we have to believe it in abstract????....confusing.

Sigh. Go back to the main page and look for the information aboutX3000's hardware T&L that I posted.

I keep telling people, it had hardware support ever since 14.31 drivers back August last year damn it.

0 Kudos
haegens
Beginner

Hi! Any news regarding when drivers will be released for GMA X3000 ?

Thanks

La Casa De Puros

Cuban cigars

0 Kudos
deep_chatterje
Beginner
I have just tried "portal" in intel dg965ry motherboard,with 1gb ram.It performs terribly bad.The game stucks again n again.Any one else has tried it?Any solution?
0 Kudos
tccwin
Beginner

The hardware of intel GMA X3000 is good butIntel should focus more on fixinglatest game bugs. I can play Crysis on DG965RY with 10 FPS on low settings. But even after intel has released around three drivers, after launch of crysis, why is the graphic still corrupt and lot of memory errorsin console when the map is loaded. The state of the game is still same even after appling patch 1.1 for crysis and using latest drivers ( 15.7.3 ).

Now even the driver 15.7.3 has a video bios, but its not updated in DG965RY motherboard bios. Is this the way Intel will be dealing with its loyal customers. I have been using Intel original boards since 1998 and update system every 2 years.

0 Kudos
davidc1
Beginner

Does the drivers properly enable HSR at all?? I mean things like Early Z/Intermediate Z, the ones that does Hidden Surface Removal. When I purposely downclocked my memory from 800MHz to 667MHz, I found that the 20% increase in memory bandwidth was responsible for 10-11% increase in performance. 50% performance increase for every 100% increase in memory bandwidth probablymeans a bottleneck is there somewhere on the architecture.

Why is everything slow on the X3100?? I heard that Warcraft III gets 25 fps with 640x480 low, while some people report same with 800x600 low on newer games like Battlefield 2!! Maybe using too much memory bandwidth because it doesn't have HSR methods or its a bad implementation is hurting performance?? I can't believe how DX6/7 game with really outdated graphics effects and a new DX9 game performs similar in some cases.

How exactlly do you expect us to believe achieving "Gold Standard" of drivers in 2-3 years when its not even in "Lead Standard" now??

0 Kudos
mewbrrj
Beginner

WOW, things still that way, what a shame.

All I can say to Intel (if they at least read posts here anyway)

NEVER EVER SELL SOMETHING YOU DO NOT HAVE

---

This GMA driver issue is not important to me anymore, my GMA is disabled (a little workaround I found out in the BIOS) and almost forgotten.

But I still waiting for an official option in the BIOS to disable the GMA.

And, in the era of 4GB+ RAM I would like to see and be able to use an option in the BIOS to force physical address allocation for hardware above the 32bit limits (suggestion: at the limits of 36bit(PAE) extension), so finally users could have use of the full physical memory installed in the system, well, I guess this one we consumers will never see in the now available Intel MoBos

0 Kudos
hellfalcon
Beginner
I have bought new Acer Extensa 5220 notebook (Celeron M530 - 1.73 GHz, 1024 MB, Intel GMA x3100, Windows XP HE) and I tried to play a several old games...
And I was surprised by a very poor performance. Warcraft 3 is slow. Really SLOW! It's much more slower than on my ancient desktop system (i440bx, Pentium-III Tualatin - 1200(1350) MHz , 512 MB PC133 SDRAM, Radeon 9200SE 64 MB, Windows XP HE). WoW, NfSU, NfSU2 much more playable than Warcraft 3 on x3100, but still - i've expected that performance in games will be better than on 7-years old PC.
First I thought that main problem here is outdated drivers. But driver update given me a little of performance boost...
And still I cannot understand what is the problem. The fps in Warcraft (with almost everything set to minimum) is around 15-20.

Can anyone give me a little of advice that might help me in this problem?
0 Kudos
noxxle
Beginner
Thats strange, i was getting 50 fps in both Vista and XP in Warcraft 3. My resolution was at 1024x768, and most options were set to high.
0 Kudos
hellfalcon
Beginner
Could you tell me your system configuration?
Maybe you run WC3 on desktop system with dual-core processor and Intel GMA x3000 adapter?
0 Kudos
sabahmani
Beginner
HI, there guys hope all are fine....

K, did intel launched G35 based desktop motherboards???
(like ASUS did (ASUS P5E-V/VM HDMI)???)

G35 model from intel "DG35PLM" is available in india (i dont know other models based on it)!!! i dont know how its happening without official anouncement on intel website both in global and local indian site ...???

here is the proof!! go to this site below!!!

http://compuneed.net/motherboard.asp

Have intel forgot to upload this motherboard model other than remembering uploading luxurious D5400XS motherboard???
should i try to buy this board???
because iam using DG965RY board and because of the poor driver for display made me to buy an Discreet card..!!! : ( i think this board will also have the same problem!!! ADVICE ME GUYs!!!
0 Kudos
whitehat1
Beginner
so it's already med february what's the status of the new drivers I just hope teh minor games bugs are fixed sure probably a better handling for older games but not a really big hope for now
0 Kudos
Aaron_B_Intel
Employee
14.33 is internally released and should show up externally next week. 15.8 hasn't shown up internally yet, but should be on a similar schedule.
0 Kudos
davidc1
Beginner
Why wait for the new drivers?? The advancements have been standstill since 14.31.1 drivers. Now, all I hear is how worse the new driver is blah blah. Maybe the potential of the X3000/X3100 was reached quite a while ago, and its not potent as we hoped.
0 Kudos
whitehat1
Beginner
well maybe but then again there are some bugs that would be good to have solved so archibael you are the closest to the development team any idea if they are at the limit of the card of should we keep some hope
0 Kudos