Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Driver for GMA X3000 (HW T&L)

directcpp
Beginner
Hi.
please.
When Intel will be released drivers for GMA X3000 (HW T&L and vertex shader 2.0 or 3.0)?
in February?

0 Kudos
316 Replies
Aaron_B_Intel
Employee

Absolutely no idea, guys, sorry. I get advance notice of releases. I have very little idea about progress beyond that.

Though if you think you can do better and know how to write Win32 drivers, the Programmer's Reference Manuals were just released into the wild:

http://intellinuxgraphics.org/documentation.html

0 Kudos
vak
Beginner
archibael wrote the following post at 02-17-2008 6:07 PM: 14.33 is internally released and should show up externally next week. 15.8 hasn't shown up internally yet, but should be on a similar schedule.

archibael, many thanks for the info. The week is over, let us know please about updates, if any.

P.S. Age of Mythology (Edition with Titans) still has owefull artifacts with the sea and also in the borders, where the fog area touches the visible area. Hope it will be changed
0 Kudos
Aaron_B_Intel
Employee
15.8 is released internally as well. I'd expect to see both XP and Vista drivers up by Friday.
0 Kudos
hacktrix2006
Beginner
Hi i have been watching this site for awhile now and it was said that 15.8 Vista drivers would be out today. I was just wondering are they going to arrive today as i've checked and only 15.7.3 is only available but no 15.8. if not how long a delay are we looking at? also what improvements will it bring. if possible please can i have the change log!.

Also i am having problems with COD4 i can only get 5-10 FPS on 640x800 low on everything and the fancy stuff off. but i've seen others hit 30 FPS+. I'm running a Intel Centrino Duo 1.66GHZ on a Intel 965GM laptop with X3100 GMA. any help would be gratefully recieved!
0 Kudos
prashu162
Beginner
Josh Bancroft Can you plzz tell us when will the new drivers be released?????
0 Kudos
vak
Beginner
The adequate driver will hardly ever come.
Intel, do smth easier, make a show "Let's celebrate the first day of spring!", but no programming/hardware, please, during this show -- you will fail.
0 Kudos
hacktrix2006
Beginner
I'm starting to regret getting my laptop now, i wish i spent the extra money to a dedicated G8600M, it would off been alot easier then. Come on intel please let us know when the drivers both 15.8 and 14.33 be out. I converted from AMD for you guys!
0 Kudos
davidc1
Beginner

Why would anyone think IGP is in anyway up to the standards of the discrete graphics?? It has never been like that so why would it change now. The thing is ok for IGP standards. Somehow everybody expected magic out of the IGP.

Intel can barely make a functioning software that they bundle with their motherboards. I can't see how they can make much complex softwares like graphics drivers. Nothing has changed since they released the hardware T&L/VS drivers back in August 2007. No subsequent drivers releases would do ANYTHING for me. It's my failing hope to wait for the next drivers but I think nothing is gonna change with the upcoming drivers either.

0 Kudos
tccwin
Beginner
I thanks Intel to take out some time to create some better drivers this time. NowI am atleast able to play Crysis with holding the gun correctly. Still there is a corruption in displaying water in Crysis. I am also waiting for Intel to release bios update for DG965RY as driver 15.8 contains updated vbios. NowI can hope that intel can also create DX10.1 drivers for X3000. I wish intel could release beta drivers every 15 days as atleast even out of many issues,if onegets resolved we will be very happy for atleast 15 days. As Nvidia is always up to the mark when they say they will do it, Intel should also follow the same customer experience. I wish "BEST OF LUCK" for future updates. smiley [:-)]
0 Kudos
davidc1
Beginner

tccwin:
I thanks Intel to take out some time to create some better drivers this time. NowI am atleast able to play Crysis with holding the gun correctly. Still there is a corruption in displaying water in Crysis. I am also waiting for Intel to release bios update for DG965RY as driver 15.8 contains updated vbios. NowI can hope that intel can also create DX10.1 drivers for X3000. I wish intel could release beta drivers every 15 days as atleast even out of many issues,if onegets resolved we will be very happy for atleast 15 days. As Nvidia is always up to the mark when they say they will do it, Intel should also follow the same customer experience. I wish "BEST OF LUCK" for future updates. smiley [:-)]

Sorry to disappoint. There won't be a DX10.1 driver for X3000 or even the next X4500. One of the requirements, 4xAA using MSAA method, can't be fulfilled. The architecture only supports single sample, therefore 1x, which is nothing. It was my mis-interpretation that led me to think it would support DX10.1. Nope.

0 Kudos
tccwin
Beginner

Intel drivers 15.9 ready and are much better than 15.8, butI am not sure that if theysupport DX10. I hope intel releases it soon. Thease drivers are been tested by AnandTech.

0 Kudos
7oby
New Contributor II
The 15.9 drivers are press release drivers - ahead of time and unfinished. Anandtech has played with them, but not tested them.

If you look here, anandtech still used 15.8 for testing:
http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=3258&p=3

And if you have a look at the middle of these three screenshots
http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=3258&p=8

you will recognize that intel is faaaar away in driver development.
0 Kudos
davidc1
Beginner

7oby:
The 15.9 drivers are press release drivers - ahead of time and unfinished. Anandtech has played with them, but not tested them.

If you look here, anandtech still used 15.8 for testing:
http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=3258&p=3

And if you have a look at the middle of these three screenshots
http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=3258&p=8

you will recognize that intel is faaaar away in driver development.

7oby, Anandtech did test 15.9 drivers, however they only mentioned it in words not actual testing. They also said it improves compatibility for audio/video devices. They said nothing about 3D. According to Anandtech, the time of the launch will be similar to the 4 series chipset.

About the Anandtech screenshot for Unreal Tournament 3: The pre-15.8/14.33 drivers did not have rendering problems. It had perfect image. I am pretty sure Intel will try to address the bugs(crashing in WoW, UT3/3DMark image corruption in hardware) on the bug fix version of the driver. That is, 15.8.1/14.33.1 driver.

The "new features" driver always had substantial problems. 14.31, 14.32, 14.33 all had substantial problems. The bug-fix versions, which added 0.1 or 0.3 after the version name, fixed those issues. It's probably wise not to wait for 15.9, but 15.8.1 and 15.9.1.

The driver after than should be the DX10 driver. I am expecting some changes in that driver as it will be an major overhaul of the driver since they have to rewrite it. Perhaps the change will be for the better, perhaps not.

0 Kudos
hacktrix2006
Beginner
What Intel X3x00 15.9 drivers are better then 15.8 how can you tell they havent been released! If you do have a copy of the drivers i'd like to test them!!
0 Kudos
davidc1
Beginner

Cause they haven't released it, that's why!! 15.9 are beta drivers that are only rumored to be released for testing inside Intel. 15.9 drivers aren't even on their internal website, which is where it is released to before it comes to us customers. And before they released 15.x or 14.3x, they always released 15.x.x and 14.3x.x, and if they have kept up the pattern which they have been maintaining for at least an year or so, we won'tsee them until April. We have yet to see 15.8.1 or 14.33.1 or whatever they will be named, the drivers that will fix the bugs to 15.8 and 14.33.

I am waiting for the drivers too, but I am not paranoid enough to believe something is released that its not.

0 Kudos
hacktrix2006
Beginner
Thanks for info, i'm really hoping the next set of VGA driver are better. BF2142 runs abit smoother with 15.8 but BF2 doesn't. Guildwars can't even hit 30fps or more even on low settings hope all the bugs are fixed soon.
0 Kudos
telefragger
Beginner

I've noticed one new glitch in the new drivers... While playing Quake 4 using the "Intel Recommended" settings. The sky in the 'Aquaduct' and the'Aquaduct Annex'levels are very glitchy and tend to transfer over to other parts of the levels...

On a seperate note... I recently downgraded my laptopfromVista Home Premium to XP Professional... I've noticed that games seem to work fast partly due to Vista being a complete hog... But was wondering if the SP1 released today has adressed any of these issues?

0 Kudos
tcdelaney
Beginner

What CPU do you have and are you on Vista or XP (I'm guessing Vista since you mention 15.8)? I've got a T7100on XP, and at fullscreen 1280x800 I maintain 20-30 FPS in any part of Guild Wars - including Lornar's Pass with all the snow, and Lion's Arch (though Halloween put a bit of a strain on it ...).

Settings are medium-high - medium terrain, terrain and sky reflections, high textures, shadows off, low-quality shaders, post-processing effects (bloom) on. Doesn't really matter if I use auto-mode, or force hardware or software shaders in GW (SW shaders are marginally faster in most areas though - fast dual-core CPU - before the 14.32 drivers, SW was considerably faster than HW).

I just wish Intel would implement 2xMSAA, even if only in software (e.g. in a separate thread, so it can happen on my second core). GW looks so much better with any level of AA ... For now, 14.32.3 work best for me - 14.33 are a little unstable at times.

0 Kudos
manjil
Beginner

Hey guys have anybody tried games like NFS prostreet in the 965 chipset.

If anyone then please tell us about ur xperience

0 Kudos
gabutti
Beginner
0 Kudos
hacktrix2006
Beginner
I have a T5450 Intel Centino Duo 1.66ghz CPU coupled with 2GB DDR 667 in Dual Channel.
I get around 15-20fps if i'm really lucky. I'm using Vista and also now OSX 10.5.2 Leopard so i'll test GW in OSX using cider to see if i get any better fps.

Would you thing the intel turbo memory will help as my laptop didn't have it and i have noticed that people with the ITM chip in get better FPS then people whom don't have the ITM chip.
0 Kudos