Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Duplicated Intel Parallel Studio Entries after Update using Intel software manager

Silvio_M_
Beginner

I have updated Intel Parallel Studio from Update1 to Update2 using "Intel Software Manager". The update procedure ended without errors but many entries are duplicated and in Control Panel I see both installations "Intel Parallel Studio Update1" and "Intel Parallel Studio Update2". See the screenshot

If I Unistall Parallel Studio Update 1, the procedure removes not only the older duplicated values but also the components that aren't included with Update2 package like Trace Analyzer and Collector.

Why Intel staff haven't addressed this dirty update procedure?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Yuan_C_Intel
Employee

Hi, Silivia

Intel(R) Parallel Studio XE supports multiple installations. This means you can have both Update 1 and Update 2 installed and co-exist. It will not uninstall the old version automatically and replace with the new update. In case if you meet issues with newer version, the old one should still be able to use.

Does this answer your question?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Silvio_M_
Beginner

Cannot figure how this could be an intentional choice. Maintain both version should be only optional. If I choose "update" the procedure should replace old components with newer version instead the installer has installed new components removing only some older tools of previous version and leaving other older components installed alongside newer, as result you haven't a fully separate Update2 and Update1 installation that you can use in case Update2 is bugged, but only a dirty setup of Update2 .

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

Some people to choose to keep different versions simultaneously as some of their code may have been compiled with a specific version. We always have to weigh the needs of all customers.

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

This issue has been resolved. If you have a similar question please start a new thread to ensure your issue is being addressed in a timely manner.

0 Kudos