Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Early Submission almost gone now

samontab
Valued Contributor II

So many things I wish I could have finished, but the early submission is getting to an end very soon.

Hopefully I will be able to get my hands on a proper dev machine for the final submission, developing on an Asus T100 seemed fun at the beginning, but it is just not recommended at all once you start doing the real work.

Good luck to everyone, and don't forget to Submit Early!

0 Kudos
7 Replies
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

I got mine in with 90 minutes to spare.  Deadline day crunch always gives me a few more grey hairs, no matter how well I've prepared in advance to smooth the ride at the end.

Good luck everyone!

0 Kudos
Fritz_W_
Beginner

Thanks for the positive message, Marty.

Also remember that the Early Demo Submission bonus is just that.  An early bonus meant to encourage a fast start.  There are now nearly 2 months until the final deadline.

Happy coding!

0 Kudos
Richard_F_2
Beginner

Heh, yay for death marches!  14+ hour day yesterday, 4 hours of sleep, and a 7 hour day today.  But I got my proof of concept done, plus a small demo level.  It's not much yet, but it is a good foundation.

Not really sure if the embed is going to work or not :P  Just in case: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVNygvG8fVM But good luck to everyone on the Early Bird part.  Now for the long haul to polish stuff up :)

0 Kudos
R_Guth
Beginner

Not really sure if the embed is going to work or not

It doesn't look like it but the youtube link looked nice

Nothing like a bit of pressure to keep the coding going. Started yesterday because I had to build a new computer to do this and couldn't get it unitl 1pm today. Still have something at least partly functional though so can fall asleep happy I guess and take solace it seems like a lot of others were in the same situation. 

0 Kudos
simsam7
Beginner

Nicely done!

Looks like you also have some issues with voice commands not always picking up what you say, I was hoping for it to be a bit more robust.

0 Kudos
MartyG
Honored Contributor III

For those who crunched into the night, today is a day to slow down, unwind, reflect and re-focus, and tidy messily scrawled hand-written notes ... and then begin the next big dev phase for the next two months!  :)

For me personally, having an Early Demo deadline was useful because it forced me to prioritize the design decisions related to control mechanics and basic structure.  Now I get to spend the last half of the contest refining the camera controls and making content to flesh out the play environment.  This should be the *really* fun part!

0 Kudos
steve-vink
Beginner

I got mine in with 90 minutes to spare

You should have focused more, like me. I had almost 98 minutes to spare :)

Today is definitely a day to stop and chill for just 24 hours. I learned a lot about the RealSense SDK in the last couple of weeks, that will change the way I code the rest of my app. Early Bird deadlines are good for lots of things!

0 Kudos