Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Education Use of XDK

Rebecca_S_
Beginner

We are an FE college with students aged 16-18, we would like to use XDK with our students, however looking at the terms and conditons we would need their parents to setup accounts for them to use with the software, see extract below

"For individuals aged 13 until age 18, use of this Site is only allowed with parental or legal guardian consent. Additionally, use by individuals aged 13 until age 18 is only allowed through the parent's or legal guardian's registered account."

Are we able to workaround this so the software can be used with student accounts?

Thanks
Rebecca Sutcliffe
IT Network Manager
Huddersfield New College

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Rebecca -- that is an Intel Corporate limitation that applies to the Intel web site. We use the Intel Corporate login mechanism to create accounts. Unfortunately, making such a change to those terms goes well beyond the Intel XDK. I will forward your concern to our management, but I would not expect a quick resolution, since it is a policy that affects corporate terms, not just product terms.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

p.s. Where did you find that specific citation? I have found some citations similar, but not quite the same restrictions. Those that I have found do not explicitly state that age range, rather, users less than the age of 18.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee
0 Kudos