Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Empty Optimization Report

zulal_b
Beginner

Hello everyone,

I am a new developer for MIC architecture and using xeon phi with icc.  I am currently compiling a basic native code with optimization report flags : "-qopt-report=3 -qopt-report-phase=vec". Although the optimization report is generated (.optrpt file is present) and the compilation is completed fine, the report files are completely empty. I get absolutely no warning but the size of the files is 0 bytes and there is not even a statement "Begin optimization report for ..." inside the file.

I was wondering what could be the possible reasons for this issue.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Paulius_V_1
Beginner

What optimization level are you using? -O2? 

0 Kudos
zulal_b
Beginner

I am using -O3, but I tried with -O2 as well. The result is the same. 

0 Kudos
Paulius_V_1
Beginner

Could you attach the report for -qopt-report=5 (don't use the vec-report-phase option)  ?

0 Kudos
zulal_b
Beginner

Of course, the report is in the attachment (without vec-report-phase option). 

File format is not supported, so I've changed it to .txt. I'm getting false for all of the Whole Program Analyses. 

Thank you for helping by the way. 

0 Kudos
Paulius_V_1
Beginner

Well it appears that it does not optimization at all! 

Can you provide a reproducer?

0 Kudos
zulal_b
Beginner

I think I solved the problem. When I changed the main source's name, I realized that the reports files were generated just fine. I am using multiple header files in the program. While compiling, the header files must have mixed up and the corresponding reports for the source files had overlapped. Maybe the reports were not generated individually for that reason. The compiler was still recognizing the files for forming the executable, so I didn't get any errors. I have fixed my compilation rules, now I can get the reports. 

Thank you Paulius ! 

0 Kudos