Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Energy Per Instruction

MikeP_Intel
So what are the elements that contribute to Energy Per Instruction - ashort video explaining the amount of energy a microprocessor expends in processing an instruction

http://bcove.me/l0fzfcou
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

Thanks for the video.It was very interresting to watch this.Are there any official values which can represent the exact energy per instruction?

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...Energy Per Instruction... I admit that the subject is very interesting and very fuzzy. Best regards, Sergey PS: I could compare it with, to some degree, with another subject "What is a fuel consumption of a car per a screw?" Honestly, I'm really not interested in some number for a screw and I'd like to see how many liters of gas are spent by the car for 100 km on a highway... Sorry for a deviation from the subject of the thread.
0 Kudos
Bernard
Valued Contributor I

Sergey Kostrov wrote:

>>...Energy Per Instruction...

I admit that the subject is very interesting and very fuzzy.

Best regards,
Sergey

PS: I could compare it with, to some degree, with another subject "What is a fuel consumption of a car per a screw?" Honestly, I'm really not interested in some number for a screw and I'd like to see how many liters of gas are spent by the car for 100 km on a highway... Sorry for a deviation from the subject of the thread.

Funny comparision

0 Kudos