Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Error: Windows Installer failed to configure product

Ncare
Beginner

Hi, I'm trying to install the RealSense DCM (and SDK) on a colleague's machine. He's encountered a 1603 error (screenshot below).

Currently trying to troubleshoot by updating Windows, as is likely that the system is out of date. But I thought I would also post here in case anyone else has encountered this problem and has any advice. 

I'll update this thread if we manage to resolve it.

47f71c9f-b09f-4170-8ea9-54d48f8b3e92.png

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Xusheng_L_Intel
Employee

Please send us the installation log files so we can investigate it. You can find log files under %TEMP%\micl_tmp_%username%. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Ncare
Beginner

Hi David, thanks for the quick response - in the end we managed to resolve the issue by updating Windows. I can try and get my colleague to send me the installation log if this is still of interest (but I imagine not!). 

Thanks once more!

0 Kudos
ivo_k_
Beginner

Hi,
I have Windows 10 64-bit with all the latest updates. Installed everything correctly but the camera Manager continuously reported camera as "not connected". I could use the camera though in Skype and other ordinary applications. Device manager showed two entries (Camera SR300 Depth and Camera SR300 RGB). Following advice on the forum, I uninstalled the camera and tried installing again. Now the installation fails each time at the point of installing component 2, with the following message:

Intel RealSense Depth Camera SR300 Setup Wizard ended prematurely because of an error.

Windows Installer failed to configure product:
Error message: Fatal error during installation

Error code:1603
File name: intel_rs_sdk_runtime_ia32_dcmservice_sr300_3_1_25_2599.msi

In spite of this, the two entries reappear in the Device Manager and again I can use the camera e.g. in Skype. It is just not recognized as RealSense. Windows Hello doesn't recognize it.

Will be grateful for any advice. I have uploaded the installation log files.

0 Kudos
John_P_9
Beginner

I just received my SR300 today but I have the same error 1603 after several attempts, including device removal.

Windows 10 build 10586.420

My logs look similar to Ivo's so I won't upload them again

0 Kudos
eeweh
Beginner

I have the same problem as John.  I actually tried to install on my Surface Pro 1 yesterday, and that went fine.  So, then I decided that maybe it would work back on my desktop, and it didn't work again.  Same error 1603.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
eeweh
Beginner

Wow, this forum is a ghost town!  I would like to know if anyone has figured out why the installer rolls back and Ivo, John, and I can't install it.  Anybody found any fixes???????

0 Kudos
John_P_9
Beginner

Sorry, I was out for a couple of days....

After the initial problems I installed it on an HP Spectre 360 and everything worked fine (so far). From various posts I discovered that my desktop was probably too old and an AMD processor as well. THe laptop solution is actually better as it's more portable of course. The down side is that it's my wife's laptoap and my birthday isn't for some time :-(

0 Kudos