Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Error when uploading Project to Edison Board from XDK

Lachlan_P_
Beginner

I am using XDK 3522 (windows x64 version) on Windows 10 and selecting one of the IoT templates (Simple Web Server). When i try to upload the project to the board i get the following response:

Upload Complete

There does not appear to be a project/package.json in /node_app_slot/
Attempting to run anyway . . .

ERROR: Unable to start application! 

When i check the Edison home directory there is no application there, so even the upload did not work.

I have loaded the latest Microcontroller SDK for windows and loaded the local USB drivers and the latest Image on the Edison board. From the XDK I upgraded the Edison to the latest XDK daemon. I then loaded the mraa/upm repository on the Edison and run 'opkg update' and 'opkg upgrade'. Other than that it is the standard image.

I can login to the Edison using SSH on 192.168.2.15 via the USB ethernet, and i see the tar file that the xdk downloaded to upgrade the XDK daemon.

Any suggestions on where I can look for problems with uploading ?

Thanks Lachlan

0 Kudos
1 Solution
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

In the "upload control" there is a button to "clear the board directory" which sometimes helps in this situation. There is a hidden directory in the /home/root folder where the app is supposed to be copied to. The /node_app_slot/ should be a symbolic link to that folder, which, I believe, is named /home/root/.node_app_slot/ (I don't have a device handy right now to confirm). See the images below:

Screen Shot 2016-09-19 at 7.07.17 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-09-19 at 7.07.04 PM.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

In the "upload control" there is a button to "clear the board directory" which sometimes helps in this situation. There is a hidden directory in the /home/root folder where the app is supposed to be copied to. The /node_app_slot/ should be a symbolic link to that folder, which, I believe, is named /home/root/.node_app_slot/ (I don't have a device handy right now to confirm). See the images below:

Screen Shot 2016-09-19 at 7.07.17 PM.png

Screen Shot 2016-09-19 at 7.07.04 PM.png

0 Kudos
Lachlan_P_
Beginner

Thanks.

That fixes the problem.

Regards

Lachlan

0 Kudos