Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Errors with camera in all apps

Timothy_M_1
Beginner

I've got an issue using the camera now that I have the device installed and the DCM 1.4 installed. Here are the scenarios and the details I can find:

Windows Hello

When I try to use Windows Hello, I just get a blank white screen and the green light on the camera flashes very briefly.

In the Event Viewer (Application log), I see three of these entries (all identical):

The description for Event ID 0 from source SensorDataService cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

failed to create config file

Windows Camera App

Sometimes, I get a video feed for a very brief amount of time. A few seconds. I can move around and the blue face tracking box will follow me. Then the image would freeze.

Other times, I get a message that says "Something went wrong" then "If you need it, here's the error code 0x200F424A(0xC00D3704)"

Nothing shows up in the Event Viewer for these instances.

Capture Viewer

I get a very similar error message with the Capture Viewer as I did with Windows Hello:

The description for Event ID 0 from source capture_viewer cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated from another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

Only real difference was the name of the source (capture_viewer vs SensorDataService).

Face Tracking sample app from SDK

Same as Capture Viewer and Windows Hello

Other

Intermittently I am getting the following types of messages in the Event Viewer (System log)

The Sensor Data Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 5 time(s).

They vary, but only really by the # of times mentioned.

---

So, any thoughts? It seems that "failed to create config file" is definitely connected to all of this. I just don't know how, exactly...

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

Have you installed the DCM (1.4 HF2, link on sticky at top of forum)?  Also check in Device Manager under imaging devices and see if you have 3 Intel cameras listed (besides any existing webcam)

0 Kudos
Timothy_M_1
Beginner

Yes, I do have DCM 1.4 HF2 installed.

And I have three cameras listed under Imaging Devices in Device Manager:

Intel(R) RealSense(TM) 3D Camera (Front F200) Depth
Intel(R) RealSense(TM) 3D Camera (Front F200) RGB
Intel(R) RealSense(TM) 3D Camera Virtual Driver​

and then I've also got the Creative VF0800 listed under Sound, video and game controllers.

0 Kudos
Colleen_C_Intel
Employee

not counting Hello, are you running the apps from DT mode or Metro mode?

0 Kudos
Timothy_M_1
Beginner

The Camera app was the "metro" one. The SDK apps (Capture Viewer, Face Tracking sample) were all run from the desktop by running the executables directly from the SDK folder.

I just tried the Emotion one, and it works for a few seconds and then just says "Stopped" and the frame freezes. Kind of like the Win10 camera app.

0 Kudos
Timothy_M_1
Beginner

I just tried the following:

1. Uninstall RealSense SDK

2. Uninstall DCM 1.4 HF2

3. Uninstall all three remaining pieces of hardware (via right-click -> uninstall in Device Manager)

4. Shut down computer

5. Unplug camera from USB Port

6. Turn on computer

7. Plug in camera to different USB 3.0 port (all three pieces of hardware - two cameras, one sound/video and game controller - are detected immediately

8. Install DCM 1.4 HF2

Symptoms are all the same after doing that.

0 Kudos
Timothy_M_1
Beginner

I did now notice one additional piece of information showing up in the Event Viewer Application logs. It showed up as Information, not an Error.

Fault bucket 120283587319, type 4

Event Name: APPCRASH

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: SensorDataService.exe

P2: 10.0.10240.16387

P3: 55a1b3ec

P4: RealSenseSourceProvider.dll

P5: 1.4.27.32425

P6: 55a74a53

P7: c0000005

P8: 00000000000a3aa8

P9:

P10:

Attached files:

These files may be available here:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_SensorDataServic_963a86f5e22b240fb1dc9121f7be9cd643cfdb_45a5ccfa_15db2a27

Analysis symbol:

Rechecking for solution: 0

Report Id: 5ed9f231-4f64-46b0-98ff-55ae1327883b

Report Status: 0

Hashed bucket: afb21b1e761482a6b5d3e1918e53e513

0 Kudos
Timothy_M_1
Beginner

I have just tried it on another machine (this time a laptop) and I got the same exact results. I now wonder if there's something wrong with the camera?

0 Kudos
John_H_13
Beginner

No, your camera is fine. I'm getting exactly what you describe under Windows 10 after installing today (followed similar trouble shooting). Camera was working fine under 8.1. It's a bug. Hopefully they will fix it soon...

0 Kudos
Timothy_M_1
Beginner

@Colleen,

Any update on this? It is very frustrating not being able to use the camera. I understand it is a Dev Kit, so if it just didn't work in Windows Hello that would be one thing - but it doesn't work period.

Would appreciate some assistance.

0 Kudos
Timothy_M_1
Beginner

Of course, after complaining, I tried it again and it works. This is the first time I have tried it after the Win10 update the other day. I don't know if that made a difference or just letting the hardware take a break for a few minutes or what. I guess I'll keep you posted if it happens again.

0 Kudos
Timothy_M_1
Beginner

Alright, I've had it fail on me again with what appeared to be the same symptoms.

I was able to get it to work again by stopping and starting the DCM service (RealSenseDCM) like I saw in another thread from someone who was having similar (but not the same) issues.

I will continue to monitor if that is an ongoing fix each time it stops (though obviously it is not a permanent fix).

0 Kudos
Timothy_M_1
Beginner

Stopping and starting the service hasn't worked for me the last few times it has failed. I don't know whether that was a red herring or if it just works "sometimes." But now I am back to the case where I can't use the device at all.

0 Kudos
H_L_F_
Beginner

FTR, I am receiving identical error codes with Acer Aspire5600U built-in webcam. Problem began upon Win10 upgrade. Camera appears to be "on" (light is lit) but it does not show up in Device Manager, and all camera-related apps throw up these codes.

0 Kudos
Ken_N_1
Beginner

When I use the camera App I can see my face, with the square the tracks it, but when I go try to use the 3d or infrared it fails. If I open windows sign-in  and try to improve recognition for windows hello it briefly lights up then goes out and I get 3 error in the event viewer, all 3 errors are the same

Log Name:      Application
Source:        SensorDataService
Date:          8/12/2015 12:53:49 PM
Event ID:      0
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:     
Description:
The description for Event ID 0 from source SensorDataService cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

0 Kudos