Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

Execution aborted due to errors in upstream components

Carlos_C_3
Beginner

Hi.

All the SDK samples return this error: "Execution aborted due to errors in upstream components" - Error (-301)

Camera is connected to a usb 3.0 port and detected; drivers are correctly loaded.

I am unable to test the camera using camera program included on Windows 8.1: "Your camera is being used by another App". I haven't been able to discover which other App is using the creative cam.

I have done the same test on a laptop with usb 3.0 port, and saw an image (with a very high quality), so I am sure cam is ok.

Running any SDK sample (on desktop and laptop) fail with the "Execution aborted due to errors in upstream components" error.

I did enable SDK information logging and ran df_cameraviewer.

Attached the App_log as well as a system info report.

I am stuck. Any advise?

Thank you. Regards,

Carlos

0 Kudos
8 Replies
samontab
Valued Contributor II

Did you tested the depth stream of the camera in the laptop?, or just the visible camera?

The visible camera should work fine as any camera, it is the IR projector / IR camera combo that consume the most of the power, and that's usually where the problem is.

Have you tried using a powered USB3.0 hub?, that may solve your problem...

0 Kudos
Carlos_C_3
Beginner

Hi Samontab.

Thank you for the reply.

I did try yesterday a powered usb3.0 hub, both on the desktop and the laptop. I still get the "Execution aborted due to errors in upstream components" - Error (-301) message on both when I execute the capture viewer tool on visible camera.

With the hub however, testing depth and IR on the same tool have a different behaviour: the camera just disconnect and reconnect again (both on desktop and laptop); capture viewer tool gives an error message regarding the disconnection of the Device.

I am really lost now ... and do not know what to do.

Carlos

0 Kudos
Eduardo_C_1
Beginner

Hi Carlos C. and Samontab,

I have the same problem as you. I am stuck a few days with this. Did you resolve the problem? If yes, what is the solution for this subject?

Thanks a lot,

My best regards,

Eduardo.

0 Kudos
Carlos_C_3
Beginner

Hi Eduardo.

Yes, I did solve the problem, but you are not going to like the way I did it ...

The desktop where I first installed the camera and the SDK had a ASUS board with an i7 (6 cores, extreme) 2nd generation cpu. USB ports where driven from the Intel chipset for the usb2 ports and by an asmedia chip for the usb3.

I bought a new ssd for this desktop and installed a fresh Windows 8.1 pro; Windows 8.1 include microsoft's own drivers for the asmedia usb 3.0 ports; I DID NOT INSTALL asmedia owns drivers for the usb3.0. Camera was recognized and camera's drivers+SDK+dcm were installed without a glitch ... but:

- most of the SDK samples just ran for a few seconds, and some did not ran at all. Randomly the camera disconnects and reconnects (usb power?).

- I tried to attach the camera to an external powered usb 3.0 hub (from dlink, expensive but reliable) just to be sure it was not a problem with the internal usb 3.0 ports. Samples ran a bit better, but there were still hanging after a minutes or so or did not ran at all.

- So, i suspected the i7 2nd generation cpu was at the origin of all/part of those issues.

Then:

- I borrow an HP Zbook (i7 5th generation cpu, 3.4Ghz, with usb 3.0 driven by an Intel chipset), installed Windows 8.1 pro, camera drivers+SDK+DCM ... et voila. Everything run smooth, no glitch, no hang. The camera is powered directly by the laptop; no need for an external usb 3.0 powered hub.

I know this is an expensive solution, but it looks like the camera and the SDK are really dependent on the quality of the usb3.0 port AND the cpu (4+ gen).

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Carlos

0 Kudos
Eduardo_C_1
Beginner

Hi Carlos!

Yes, I have the same situation like yours. My camera disconnects and reconnects (usb power) a lot. 

First of all, I had tested with my notebook. They has 4 generation Intel Processors (Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4810MQ CPU @ 2.8GHz 2.79 GHz), Windows 8,1 Pro, x64 bits, 8,00 GB RAM and 2 ports of USB 3.0. I didn't try use the external usb hub with auxiliar power supply, maybe this can resolve the problem, but I still looking for this kind of hub to test.

The camera function works fine, but when I try to use the depth and IR streams, the problem occurs and never worked it all.

But, I tried to use in another notebook, this time with the 3 generation of Intel Processors, with 8,00 GB RAM, Windows 8.1 Pro and 2 ports of USB 3.0, then the depth streams works fine. But he IR streams doesn't work yet. The error that always is print to me is:

Code error: -301

ERROR: Execution aborted due to errors in upstream components

What is the meaning of this error? I can't figure out.

Thanks a lot!

My best regards,

Eduardo.

0 Kudos
Santiago_A_Intel1

Hello Eduardo.

I've had the same problem on my laptop (Intel core i5-5300U). Only the color stream works and when testing depth the camera would connect and disconnect and never work.

After reading this thread I suspected the USB ports to have something to do with this. So to test all USB ports properly. I took my laptop out of the dock and restarted the camera. With the laptop out of the dock it works perfectly, depth and all.

I'm guessing the dock has all those USB ports in use and that affects the behavior of the camera. As soon as I docked again and tested the camera, it would not work again.

I hope this helps,

Santiago

0 Kudos
Christopher_R_
Beginner

Hi,

I'm having the same issue here :-(

Is there not a way to solve this?

My PC specs are:

• Intel Core i7 3930K
  • ASUS Rampage IV Extreme (BIOS v4901)
  • 32GB Kingston DDR3 RAM
  • Windows 10

I have installed the latest USB 3.0 drivers from AMD's website called "USB3_AsMedia_Win10_64_VER116261.zip"

Thanks in advanced,

Chris

0 Kudos
Carlos_C_3
Beginner

Hi Chris,

I'm afraid there is NO solution oto have the realsense cam working on this config. I am using an Intel NUC with a 5th gen i7 and Intel USB 3.0 chipset, and no problems have showed till now.

Question: Did you try with latest realsense sdk (I think it's R5) to see if this fix something on the asus board? I didn't, but I am using latest realsense software on the NUC.

Regards,

Carlos

0 Kudos