Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

F200 Camera only works if it is plugged in at boot time

Matthew_H_2
Beginner

I have an F200 camera that I've been using for a few months. It works well, but has one odd quirk: if the computer boots up without the camera plugged in, I can't use it. The RealSense SDK init always fails in this case. For example, I open the FaceTracking demo, and get the message "Init Failed" even though the camera is now plugged in.

If the camera is plugged in at boot time everything works as expected, and I can even plug and unplug the camera between USB3 ports.

I have tried each of the DCM releases from 1.2, 1.3 and now 1.4 with the same behavior. I've tried uninstalling everything (DCM and SDK) and reinstalling it. I would appreciate any suggestions.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Gerardo_M_
Novice

I use the have the same behavior with windows 8.1 in different PCs. I found that there is an issue with the DCM service that is not restarting properly causing the camera not to work. I have a .bat file that I run as an administrator that solves this issue for me. This file restarts the service, so I use to run it every time that I plug in the camera. 

I attached the file for you, so you can give it a try. Just remember to follow the next steps:

1. Plug the camera

2.Run the .bat file as an administrator.

Thanks

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
samontab
Valued Contributor II

Given the fact that this camera was designed to be embedded, as opposed to a USB accessory, I reckon this bug is not going to be addressed at all. So, I would advice you to just keep the camera plugged in...

0 Kudos
RBang
New Contributor II

This happened with me as well, seems like after a couple of months of use, this issue comes up. In my case the green light wouldn't light up. Do let me know if you're experiencing a similar  Although what I would recommend as a last resort is this:

1) Unistall both the driver and SDK
2) Restart your computer
3) Install both of them while the Camera is attached
4) Restart again
5) Test now

If even after this it does not work, you'd have to stick with connecting the camera before booting up.

0 Kudos
Sergio_J__C_
Beginner

Maybe is for windows version, is x86 or x64? 

0 Kudos
Matthew_H_2
Beginner

Thanks for the comments everyone. @samontab, I appreciate the pessimism, but it certainly worked this way for awhile... @Rishabh, as I mentioned in the post, I did try that. @Sergio, not sure what you're saying really, but I did use the 64bit version of the SDK and DCM and am using 64bit windows.

0 Kudos
Gerardo_M_
Novice

I use the have the same behavior with windows 8.1 in different PCs. I found that there is an issue with the DCM service that is not restarting properly causing the camera not to work. I have a .bat file that I run as an administrator that solves this issue for me. This file restarts the service, so I use to run it every time that I plug in the camera. 

I attached the file for you, so you can give it a try. Just remember to follow the next steps:

1. Plug the camera

2.Run the .bat file as an administrator.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Matthew_H_2
Beginner

Gerardo,

Thanks a bunch. This script did the trick for me.

Best,

Matt

0 Kudos