Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Fail to create Debuggable App Preview

Arthur_T_
New Contributor I

I'm newbies of XDK. In Debug tab, I tried to use my p12 (generate from my Max OSX keychain) and provisioning profile (after login to ios dev center, generate it with app id: *, included all certs and devices) to generate the Debuggable App Preview but got the error:

Error encountered while creating a signed version of App Preview. Suggestion: Retry.

Any idea why this happen?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Elroy_A_Intel
Employee

Your certificate needs to be generated from the *.csr file provided via the Build Tab. The reason for this is because the our build system will be the entity creating your application (debuggable App Preview with your project or your project standalone).

0 Kudos
Arthur_T_
New Contributor I

Thanks for your reply. However, I still got the error. Here what I did in Debug Tab of XDK IDE:

- clicked <Help Me Make This File> besides P12 File

- reply No for prompt: "Would you like to use Keychain"

- reply Download for prompt: "Get Your Certificate Signing Request"

- Then create the cert in Apple iOS Dev center by upload the CSR just download

- Download the cert just created in iOS Dev center and let XDK create p12 for me

- create development profile in Apple iOS Dev center by follow instruction of: https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/articles/walkthrough-obtain-dev-provisioning-profile

- in Debug Tab choose the p12 and profile created above but still got the error

0 Kudos
Elroy_A_Intel
Employee

Can you share a screen shot of the error you are receiving?

0 Kudos
Arthur_T_
New Contributor I

I follow steps in https://software.intel.com/en-us/xdk/docs/intel-xdk-guided-tutorial but got this problem:

"Using the Built-in CDT Debugger in EMULATE tab" step 4 doesn't show mentioned contain but only blank, is it correct? (refer 1.png)

P.S.

The original problem of "Fail to create Debuggable App Preview" was gone after I remove the project and start all over again (seems previously I set the cert in ios build settings of my project is for distribution and not mine, so it fails to deploy the app preview to my ios device even the p12 is from the distribution cert and profile generated from it too with the wildcard app ID) However, when I start all over again, I haven't set the project's ios build settings. So I export my cert in Mac OS keychain and use my cert to create a profile with the wildcard app ID. Then it works.

Additional questions:

1. how can I remove certs from your cloud ? as I can only find add new cert to your cloud through the project iOS build settings

2. when I need to build ipa for iOS appstore, should I need to change the project iOS build settings to use distribution cert with production profile?

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Arther -- the reason you're seeing a blank screen is because there is no javascript in the index.html page. You should be using the "elements" tab to view that file. The "sources" tab is for viewing and debugging JavaScript files. That sample does not include any JS inside the index.html file, it is generally bad practice to do this.

If you have upgraded to the 3088 version you can manage your certs in our system, including adding and deleting. Please see this short video for some help > https://software.intel.com/en-us/videos/upgrading-an-existing-intel-xdk-project-to-version-3088

Yes, when you create an IPA for the store you need to use a mobile provisioning file that is configured for distribution.

0 Kudos
Arthur_T_
New Contributor I

thanks, everything clear

FYI, the video link you gave me has no sound when I play on iMac or iPad

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

There is no audio on that video.

0 Kudos