Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Fortran Compiler (ifort)

Thomas_B_
Beginner

Hi,

I am trying to find out how i can download a fortran compilier (ifort) (or figure out where they are located). I signed up for an academic account and downloaded f Intel Parallel Studio XE which says that Intel® Fortran Compiler is part of it, but I have no idea where it is in that folder. I really only need the fortran compiler so having a 5GB install is overkill.

Thanks!
Thomas

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Light_Intel

Hi Thomas,

You have a couple of options:

1. If you chose the online installer you can download and later install only the components you are interested in. This way you can keep both your download and your installation smaller.

2. If you chose the offline installer, your download will be pretty big, however, when you install you can choose to which components to install and keep the size of your installation smaller.

BTW, I couldn't find an academic license for Intel Parallel Studio XE associated with your email address.

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Noga - Intel Developer Support

0 Kudos
Thomas_B_
Beginner

Thanks Noga,

I guess i downloaded the wrong package then, in my email it stated:

Thanks for downloading Intel® Data Analytics Acceleration Library

So I am not sure what download link i should use.  I am the system admin for a University, I am being asked to install this for students and professors of a small lab.   How should i proceed since if I look at the link for an academic researcher i see the following:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/qualify-for-free-software/academicresearcher

Offer:

A free 12 month named-user license for the Intel® Performance Libraries

• Intel® Math Kernel Library
  • Intel® Data Analytics Acceleration Library
  • Intel® Threading Building Blocks
  • Intel® Integrated Performance Primitives
  • Intel® MPI Library (not available for OS X*)

But for students and professors they have access to the parallel studio XE.

Thanks!

Thomas

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

Hi Thomas,

Now I have a better understanding of the situation. We have certain free offerings that one has to qualify for. We offer our Intel Parallel Studio XE suite to qualified students and educators. We only offer our libraries for free to academic researcher. We also offer commercial academic licenses at a reduce price.

This is what I would recommend. If "I am being asked to install this for students and professors of a small lab" qualifies as a classroom environment you can have one of the professors apply for an educator license.

If this is not a classroom environment but still qualifies as an Academic license you can purchase a Fortran license for a discounted price.

Regards,
Noga

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

Hi Thomas,

Did I answer your question or do you still need assistance?

Regards,
Noga

0 Kudos