Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Google Play certificate Fingerprint error

rxprism_L_
Beginner

Hello,

Today, while I'm trying to update the app that was earlier published in January 2016, I'm getting the below mentioned error. Kindly request your help at the earliest to get this address. Below is the error message that I'm getting;

Upload failed

You uploaded an APK that is signed with a different certificate to your previous APKs. You must use the same certificate. Your existing APKs are signed with the certificate(s) with fingerprint(s):

[ SHA1: 3B:F0:E3:9C:92:16:5F:1F:5B:5D:5B:3A:0F:A3:C7:D4:29:67:AA:11 ]

and the certificate(s) used to sign the APK you uploaded have fingerprint(s):

[ SHA1: EF:F0:80:99:A1:AB:38:D2:CE:BC:60:32:48:11:AC:1A:AE:61:EB:E3 ]

Earlier, this app was published using a personal ID and that got the certificate migrated to official email ID: android.rxprism@gmail.com by sending a request email to: html5tools@intel.com. Currently when I try to import, it shows there is no legacy certificate as well.

This app is due to submission for an event and I'm not sure how to overcome this challenge. Can someone kindly help me on this please.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

Can you send email to HTML5tools@intel.com with your new and old account info. We can "unconvert" your old legacy certificate and then you can reconvert and use it. The person who does that is not available today so probably it will happen Monday. I'll try to see if someone else can do it. Please send the email first and then we will go from there.

0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

Apparently your legacy certificate was converted and then deleted. I hope you have saved the certificate and kept it safe. You can import that certificate and use again. 

0 Kudos
Swati_S_Intel1
Employee

I've sent you an email, please confirm your old and new account info so we can retrieve your legacy certificate

0 Kudos