Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

.HTML to .APK, run on device stuck at Device Ready

James_F_2
Beginner

I took a single .HTML file and exported it to a .APK.  Its on the device but all i get is a message saying "Apache Cordova Device is Ready.

This was a .HTML from Twine, a text based game maker.  About that, can any text based game maker (Quest, Twine, ADRIFT) have their files exported by Intel XDX into an .APK ?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Can you provide an example of the HTML file that is produced?

0 Kudos
Amrita_C_Intel
Employee

I think you're not editing the right index.html file. If you are building for android then there is a index.html file located in assets/www folder. This is the file you should be editing to create the first screen of your android app.

Note: The www folder will be hidden by default, to make it visible goto Project -> Properties -> Resource -> Resource Filters in Eclipse and remove the exclusion filters.

For more information check this: http://codezag.com/apache-cordova-android-stuck-device-ready-screen/

0 Kudos
Anusha_M_Intel1
Employee

If it is just html, it should work if imported into the XDK and exported into an APK. 

What were the steps in adding this html file? Did you use a template and then just replaced the html file?

0 Kudos