Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

Hello, Cordova: Error Creating Project

SSBC
Beginner

Greetings,

I have another demo program issue with XDK v3641 on Mac OS 10.11.4 when attempting to load the "Hello, Cordova" demo project.

When I try, I receive: "Error creating project: Error processing the supplied .xdk template: Could not rename file: destination file already exists"

Having said that, the project directory is created and I am able to test the program. Not sure if this error is something to be concerned with?

Thanks,

-ssbc

0 Kudos
10 Replies
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

SSBC -- that is not a normal error message, and it's not clear to me what would cause that. I'll ask the responsible engineer if they have any insight as to what would cause that sort of an error message. I just created a project from the "hello cordova" sample and did not get that error message.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

Are you using some special characters in the name of your project? We've had situations where 8-bit characters in project names can cause problems.

0 Kudos
SSBC
Beginner

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the quick response. I believe there is a '-' in the project name, e.g. hello-cordova

-ssbc

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

The dash character shouldn't cause troubles, unless it is something like an 'em' or 'en' dash.

0 Kudos
SSBC
Beginner

Hi Paul,

I tried a fresh install on Win10 and the dash in the project name definitely is the culprit - it produces the same error message in both Mac OS and Win10.

Having said that, removing the dash solves the problem in both places. Thanks for the guidance, wouldn't have thought that would be a risk.

-ssbc

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

SSBC -- thank you for the update and the feedback regarding the dash character. I'll issue a bug report.

0 Kudos
Jerroyd_M_Intel
Employee

I use dashes all the time in my projects. You might want to zip up the project and upload it here so we can reproduce. Are you using a nonstandard keyboard or alphabet?

0 Kudos
SSBC
Beginner

Hi Jerroyd,

The dash-in-the-project-name may be specific to demo programs. I can also create new programs with dashes without problems, but if I try to open a demo program (e.g. "Hello, Cordova" using the project name "hello-cordova") then I get errors.

Since this is a demo built into XDK, there isn't really anything to upload to you... It is readily reproducible on Win10 and Mac OS, just try to create the demo project as I described and you should see it.

-Steve

0 Kudos
SSBC
Beginner

...and no non-standard keyboards or alphabets for me.

0 Kudos
PaulF_IntelCorp
Employee

SSBC -- thanks for that additional feedback, forwarding it to the engineer that is working on the issue.

0 Kudos