Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

How can I use Face tracking module with R200 placed vertically?

zhao_x_
Beginner

Can I rotate the raw stream 90 before feed to face tracking module?  But I can not find any code or function to do that in sdk manual or samples. Thanks!

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Xusheng_L_Intel
Employee

You can rotate the image during AcquireAccess. The API will be 

pxcStatus AcquireAccess(Access access, PixelFormat format, Rotation rotation, Option options, ImageData *data);

Please find detail @https://software.intel.com/sites/landingpage/realsense/camera-sdk/v1.1/documentation/html/acquireaccess_pxcimage.html?zoom_highlightsub=AcquireAccess

Thanks!

0 Kudos
zhao_x_
Beginner

Thanks! I can get the rotated image data now.

Then, How can I feed the rotated image to face tracking module? Should I do any thing before call "(PXCFaceData*) output ->Update();"?

0 Kudos
Keith_B_1
Beginner

I was just wondering this as well. Is it possible to track a face after rotating the image? Thanks to both of you!

0 Kudos
Wei-chieh_H_
Beginner

hello, after I rotate image, I meet the problom. coloBitmap.Dispose(); nullreferenceException. How can I solve?

0 Kudos
hape
Beginner

zhao x. wrote:

Thanks! I can get the rotated image data now.

Then, How can I feed the rotated image to face tracking module? Should I do any thing before call "(PXCFaceData*) output ->Update();"?

Hi Zhao X.,

feeding the face module with "modified" images is indeed possible. However, I doubt you can feed them directly in the rotated form - I suppose that the face module depends on the dimensions of the image. But this should not be to hard to be solved with some after-processing.

You need to obtain an instance of the PXCVideoModule from the face module instance and then after you prepared the images call the member function ProcessImageAsync(images, sp) of the PXCVideoModule instance. Since the processing is asynchronous, you need to synchronize (call sp->Synchronize())with the PXCSyncPoint* sp before updating the face data.

You can also have a look here https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/realsense/topic/606341#comment-1861247​ (this first big block of code in message 20) for some example code and more details.

Good luck!

0 Kudos