Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

How change name application language in the mobile with a multilanguage application?

Pedro_L_
Beginner

Hi, i have create a game for Android in HTML5 + Cordova with XDK. I need this application with 2 languages, is resolved in applicacion but in the mobile i can't  change the applicacion name. In native application i can create diferent directories for this configuration, for example values-en, values-es but in Intel XDK only can put one name. How configure it?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Hamilton_Tenório_da_
Valued Contributor I

I am using the plugin jquery.localize.min.js to solve this situation. At the start of the app I show a setup page. According the user choice I use a .json file to change all the texts of the app.

You can see this in "Fale para Bate-Papo" (Speak to Chat) on Android or iOS (it is free).

0 Kudos
Pedro_L_
Beginner

Thank you, i have resolved the problem with the language into the application. My problem is in the icon name in the mobile, i need configure XDK for include a lot of languages por the name applicaction.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Shahab_L_Intel
Employee

Please see if using a plugin as indicated in the following thread will help you do that:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-xdk/topic/599146

0 Kudos