Software Archive
Read-only legacy content
17061 Discussions

How do I insert student licence into Intel Vtune Amplifier XE ?

Roshantha_M_
Beginner

Hi,

I have recently also registered as a researcher/student on the intel website, in order to get a student licence. I have now received the licence serial number (student licence for 1 yr I think)

I had already installed the evaluation (free trial) version of Intel Vtune from the intel website. During installation it asked for a key, but at that point, I did not have one. Now, how do I enter the new key I received ? I cannot see anywhere , where I can enter the key.

I tried uninstalling and installing the originally downloaded Intel Vtune package, and during istallation I entered the licence key. But when I ran Vtune, it still says 30day evaluation.

Please advice what to do.

Platform : Linux Ubuntu 14.04.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Jennifer_D_Intel

Hello,

It may still be finding the evaluation license first.  You can check /opt/intel/licenses and see if there is a file for the evaluation license, and if there is, remove it.  You can manually change license files by replacing them in the folder used by the installer, which defaults to /opt/intel/licenses.

Regards,

Jennifer

0 Kudos
Roshantha_M_
Beginner

Hi Jennifer,

thanks for your reply.

I did what you said and removed the eval. licence file out of the /opt/intel/licenses/ dir. And I tried running vtune again.

But the same problem persists.

The about>Expiration date = 26/02/16. But the license file says 28/01/2017.

0 Kudos
Roshantha_M_
Beginner

Hi

Please can someone give any other suggestions to try. The trial license I have is going to run out soon.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Hubert_H_Intel
Employee

Roshantha,

First of all, did you want to register for an Intel(R) System Studio Ultimate Edition student licesne? This toolsuite is intended for mobile/embedded development. This is a different product and includes an Intel(R) VTune(TM) Amplifier for Systems products which is not the same as the Intel(R) VTune(TM) Amplifier XE where you have the eval license for.

Regards, Hubert.

0 Kudos
Roshantha_M_
Beginner

Hi Hubert

Thank you for your reply.

Yes I think I am trying to enter the the student license into the Intel(R) VTune(TM) Amplifier XE, tool. This may be why it is not working.

However, when I clicked on the "Vtune Amplifier for Systems" link on the https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-system-studio#linux page, it takes me to this page : https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-vtune-amplifier-xe

Is there a student version/license for "Intel(R) VTune(TM) Amplifier XE" ?

what is the difference between "Vtune for Systems" and "Vtune Amplifier XE" ?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

While there is no standalone version of Intel VTune Amplifier for students, the product is included in Intel Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition which is offered for students. See: https://software.intel.com/en-us/qualify-for-free-software/student

Intel® Parallel Studio XE Cluster Edition (includes Fortran and C/C++)
Includes high-performance compiler(s), libraries, parallel models, threading and vectorization advisor, VTune™ Amplifier performance profiler, memory/threading debugger, and more.

Regards,

Noga
Intel Developer Support

0 Kudos
Light_Intel

This issue has been addressed. If you have a similar question please start a new thread to ensure your issue is being addressed in a timely manner.

0 Kudos