Software Archive
Read-only legacy content

How to reset facetracking as soon as another face is closer

Jessica_N_
Beginner

Hi!

So, I have set faceConfig.strategy = PXCMFaceConfiguration.TrackingStrategyType.STRATEGY_CLOSEST_TO_FARTHEST;

Which works great it always finds the closest face first, upon initialization.

Problem is, it keeps tracking that face, even if it suddenly goes behind/farther than another face in view (even by quite some distance).

I want the camera to be able to dynamically switch between faces based on which face becomes closer.

Without me using depth to calculate average depth of a face or anything.

Just, is there some way for me to basically "reset" the face data the way it does on initialization so that it again looks for the closest face whenever I call this function? and even if it was stuck tracking a difference face, itll now be set so that the face[0] is the actual closest face in this point in time?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Pedro_B_
Beginner

Hello

I has a similar problem, to resolve that i create the ladmarks of all faces founded and capare the coordinate z of point 29(noise point). The face with the small value was the face i want to "studie"

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Pedro_B_
Beginner

Hello

I has a similar problem, to resolve that i create the ladmarks of all faces founded and capare the coordinate z of point 29(noise point). The face with the small value was the face i want to "studie"

0 Kudos
Jessica_N_
Beginner

Ahh! That's a great idea. I will try and implement something similar. Thank you :)

0 Kudos